Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Interesting...giving Boss some competition.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
I cant wait to see the poly lid. Lack of a cover or tarp for the steel caster has been one of the biggest complaints Ive heard
Why?

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never played with any LED headlights like these. Do these just wire up to the voltage source, or is it more involved than that?
No, the additional literature included doesn't give technical specifics, but from what I've read, it sounds like they will require a new additional module on the vehicle side, an adapter harness to connect that module to the isolation module, and a different 11 pin vehicle lighting harness is different as well.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Polycaster envy
I guess I don't get the fascination with covers. Our V-boxes are heaped when loaded, no way to cover them with a rigid cover.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
We were informed by the motor carrier occifers that they consider the grate on Vboxes to be a "covering" or tarped. Not sure what he thinks about the 1 yard + above the grates. :laugh::laugh::laugh:;)

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess I don't get the fascination with covers. Our V-boxes are heaped when loaded, no way to cover them with a rigid cover.
I don't either, but then I don't use them. But lack of the cute, integrated cover is the biggest complaint people have about the steelcaster. I've suggested the whole $25 tarp solution, but people have implied that's too low-rent for someone buying a $5-6k spreader.

· Registered
17,435 Posts
My old western tornado had the lids and you could pile it up cause they weren't flat. The new stiker I don't bother to cover. My biggest problem though has been that with all the rain and snow we get during an event makes it wet and any left over at the end of the route is spun off into the shed which freezes up creating frozen lumps. didn't have this problem with the tornado. Not a big deal, just annoying.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.