Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I really like that trailer. Was it brand new for $6100?? I was all set to order my PJ deckover on Tuesday morning but You might have changed my mind. Could you take a pic or two from the side with the ramps down? Are the axle's grease or oil? And what type of suspension? How did it tow going home?
Thanks
Robert

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I really like that trailer. Was it brand new for $6100?? I was all set to order my PJ deckover on Tuesday morning but You might have changed my mind. Could you take a pic or two from the side with the ramps down? Are the axle's grease or oil? And what type of suspension? How did it tow going home?
yep brand new custom built for 6100. they did the dual jacks for free. ill try and get the pics you wanted tomoro. ill be at our church blowing the walks and cleaning the lot for sunday so ill snap them then. The axles are grease axles, but they do have oil bath axle options that you could add to this model. the next model up is a tandem dual with oil bath axles and is rated for 25K gvwr i believe. The suspension is slipper springs thats all i know. I was fine with this because ill be purchasing a really heavy trailer for our larger equipment purchases in the future. it towed really well on the way home. about 45 min was on winding roads and up and down hills and it was good. the rest was on the highway and it was smooth with no sway. The brakes were really good as well, i played around with my controller and found a good setting.

That is a really sweet trailer. The tires and rims look nice and stout too, the led lights are also a must-have.
Ya, they are 10 lug 17.5rims with H range 16ply tires rated at 4560lbs a piece. led upgrade was only a 100 bucks and they added the second taillight in for free after the fact. Ill be adding more flush mount leds in between each section of DOT tape this spring.

nice trailer! You must have a A CDL??? Right because of the trailer is rated for 16,000lb, just trying to learn? Yeah i would think you would need some good size tires for 10,000lb axles.
my brother and I will both be going for our CDL class A's soon. There is very minimal DOT presence in our area and the local police dont bother you much either for this type of stuff. Even so i still want to get the license.

Thanks, do you know the deck hight of the trailer? Do you know what it weighs empty? Does it have a sealed wiring harness? How long did it take them to build it? Also do you have a name and number of who to talk to? Sorry for all the questions lol.
Thanks
Robert

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Thanks, do you know the deck hight of the trailer? Do you know what it weighs empty? Does it have a sealed wiring harness? How long did it take them to build it? Also do you have a name and number of who to talk to? Sorry for all the questions lol.
Thanks
Robert
No worries lol!

the deck height on this model is 34".
im not positive on its tare weight, i gotta call the local yard to get their hours so i can jump on the scales.
they do have an option for sealed harnesses yes, but since i want to add alot more running lights, i didnt get it b/c ill be running my own harnesses.
took them about 2 weeks to build, in the spring/summer it takes about 4 weeks they said cause of demand
I talked to Bette, the number is: 330-222-2468

nice trailer and i like the vid more because he dropped the plow pefect at the end!

yeah that vid was funny. i liked the music going in the truck and then he was slideing around. the best part was at the end just like DEERE615 said when he droped the plow

very nice setup! quite jealous. maybe ill have something simular to that when im older. haha.:p
commented on your other post about the new rack wanting more pictures, but i got them after the fact here!:redbounce

good luck with that trailer! :nod:

Just wondering why you didnt take your plow off for the trip to go pick the trailer up? Probably would of saved some fuel and could have gotten better airflow to the motor. But anyway nice looking trailer. What city is the trailer dealer located in?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Just wondering why you didnt take your plow off for the trip to go pick the trailer up? Probably would of saved some fuel and could have gotten better airflow to the motor. But anyway nice looking trailer. What city is the trailer dealer located in?
i did have the plow and all ballast out of the truck when we picked the trailer up, but when i got it back home the pictures i took were in nightmode. I had to go plowing later that evening so i stopped by and took these pics of the trailer.

we picked it up in salem ohio, not sure on the michigan city but they have the number on their page: appalachiantrailers.com

Did you get my pics? HAHA

Discussion starter · #37 ·
sorry Rob, the our blizzard's break down on sat kinda derailed me a bit, then had to do valentines day dinner with the gf. Tomoro im going to get some more pics and put our HD on the trailer for size perspective. any specific pic requests? Betty called me to thank me for the reference to you! you and a buddy are looking for a trailer?

Sorry about the breakdown those are never fun.
Yep, I think I will order mine this week or next, I am trying to talk my friend into getting one to so we can split the cost of going to get them(1200miles one way). If you could get a few pics from the side/back with the ramps down. And if your loading your HD maybe a pic when the HD is 1/2 way up just so I get a Idea of how steep the ramps are. And a close up pic of the tounge/hitch.
Thanks, I just want to see as much as i can before driving so far.
Robert

Discussion starter · #39 ·
i totally understand, 2400 miles is a big cost. ill get those pics for sure. if your interested, heres another trailer i was looking at thats very similar, some things are better some are worse but im sure its alot more $$ than what i paid for mine. when i purchase heavier equipment im most likely going to get a towmaster.

http://www.towmaster.com/model_c-16.asp

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.