Snow Plowing Forum banner

New Equip. Trailer

5K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  PTSolutions 
#1 ·
Just picked up our new equipment trailer. I took these two pics at the dealer, i accidentally had night mode selected on the camera when i snapped the pics at home so ill get some more of those later.

quick specs:
19,000lb. GVWR
20' deck 5' self cleaning dovetail
16 ply 17.5" tires
dual jacks
led lights

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking good! I like all that DOT tape, my 20 ton Interstate has it. At first I hated it, now I wouldn't ever take it off... Did you try trading you plowing that lot to take some $$ off the trailer? hahaa

#5 ·
ProTouchGrounds;997813 said:
Just picked up our new equipment trailer. I took these two pics at the dealer, i accidentally had night mode selected on the camera when i snapped the pics at home so ill get some more of those later.

quick specs:
19,000lb. GVWR
20' deck 5' self cleaning dovetail
16 ply 17.5" tires
dual jacks
led lights
Nice :drinkup:

#7 ·
Triple L;997823 said:
Nice lookin trailer! I've just never seen a 9500 lbs axle before, expecially with a single tire, Are you sure about that?
musclecarboy;997850 said:
I was thinking that too.... I thought the highest was 7k with single tire. Sweet looking trailer, it's going to be nice towing 2 big pieces of equip at once.
Who said it had 9.5k axles?

#11 ·
Triple L;997886 said:
thats a pretty bogus gvwr IMO...
Makes more sense than rating it at the axle ratings if you think about it.

IF it is rated at the axle ratings you can't even load it to the axle ratings without being over GVW assuming you have some tongue weight.

#14 ·
cretes right about the rating, the trailer is rated at 16K capacity with the proper tongue load. Thats the reason i stepped up to the 19Kgvwr to get that 16K capacity, the next one down was a 15K gvwr.

the dealer was about 1.5hrs away so not too bad of a drive, got a chance to get a feel for how the trailer tows. The reason i didnt go with a gooseneck, is that i have several other trucks that might need to utilize this trailer and I didnt want to go putting gn hitches on the other pickup. Plus we have a dump truck and also we are prolly going to get an f550 this year as well.

more pics!

#18 ·
Very Nice trailer!...Goodluck with it!

Mind If I ask how much? you can PM me the Price if you like.

#19 ·
im not shy lol, the price was right around $6100. it was an excellent price for what you get and i know it doesnt compare to a towmaster or eager beaver etc... but for our budget and what we are doing with it its perfect.

appalachian has locations in ohio, penn. and mich.

#20 ·
nice trailer thats an awesome video with all the lights going then droping the blade right at the end

#21 ·
#26 ·
I really like that trailer. Was it brand new for $6100?? I was all set to order my PJ deckover on Tuesday morning but You might have changed my mind. Could you take a pic or two from the side with the ramps down? Are the axle's grease or oil? And what type of suspension? How did it tow going home?
Thanks
Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.