Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
When I picked up my truck (used) I towed my car back on an 18' trailer and I got 11 mpg. That was from the Pittsburgh, PA area to Patterson, NY, doing 65 with CC on and in T/H mode.

When I got back I drove the truck around for a few weeks with no load, but short trips (10 miles one way, back and forth to work) in low temps and I got 11 mpg. I was a bit disappointed with that.

A month ago I got to drive a nice highway trip in 60-70 degree temps and I got about 16 mpg with CC set to 65.

I had hoped for better from the truck, but it beats the hell out of the 8 mpg max I got with my '87 454.
Of course it is nowhere close to the 40-56 mpg I get with my Passat.

I have a 01 2500hd, im getting about 11 or 12mpg when empty, and when towing my 20 footer, with weight in the bed too, you dont even want to know the mpg. Im spending about $200+ a week in gas... depending on your route, sense you only really using it on the weekends, I bet you'll only spend about $90 a week.

Thus with me driving so much, my next truck will be a diesel

Awful gas mileage

I bought the 2005 2500hd in February with the same set-up as the one you will buy 6.0L and 4.10.. I'll make this real simple for you. You WILL NOT get any better than 9-11 Mpg in the city. It will be closer to 9. The highway runs about 12-14. Other than that, this truck is the cats "XXX" and I love it. Good luck, just decide if you can afford the gas.
G

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.