Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
58,836 Posts
Looks good...I know with the ice we've been getting I hate my ProTech.

· Registered
58,836 Posts
i hear ya on that, this last storm i got 4" of snow, then 13 hours of ice, then temps under 5 degrees for 48 hours........ now all of a sudden today 54 degrees and two inches of rain.....
That's brutal.

· Registered
4,224 Posts
Nice,you got a lot more inland than the coast, actually looks like winter! I was a little let down, most of the equipment vids I 've been watching end up with a big disaster at the end.You could have buried that car that was in the way!

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice,you got a lot more inland than the coast, actually looks like winter! I was a little let down, most of the equipment vids I 've been watching end up with a big disaster at the end.You could have buried that car that was in the way!
Yeah Hartford didn't see a drop of rain, all snow and tons of ice. Normally I Would burry them but this is one of my top customer, they pay in three days, I don't want to piss them off

· Registered
4,224 Posts
Looks like you attacked that pita storm the right way, got to be aggressive and can't skimp on material and labor. Many failed in that storm, bad timing of service, lack of accessible material on sunday etc. I'm thankful we at least had above 32 deg temps for 8 hrs,made it a piece of cake just 10+ miles to the south of the ice.

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like you attacked that pita storm the right way, got to be aggressive and can't skimp on material and labor. Many failed in that storm, bad timing of service, lack of accessible material on sunday etc. I'm thankful we at least had above 32 deg temps for 8 hrs,made it a piece of cake just 10+ miles to the south of the ice.
When r u going to get your spray system up and running?

· Registered
4,224 Posts
When r u going to get your spray system up and running?
Soon. lol I've got a list of projects on my large whiteboard at shop that is never ending! Seems like something always breaks that needs immediate attention. Last 2 months ,shorted plow harness, front upper control arms and wheel bearings,repair leaking gas tank and all the supply lines, replace leaking rear axle seal, and brake rotor,snow blower repairs,skid steer and excavator maintenance, weld plow cracks, sand and paint plow, etc etc.

· Registered
6,080 Posts
Soon. lol I've got a list of projects on my large whiteboard at shop that is never ending! Seems like something always breaks that needs immediate attention. Last 2 months ,shorted plow harness, front upper control arms and wheel bearings,repair leaking gas tank and all the supply lines, replace leaking rear axle seal, and brake rotor,snow blower repairs,skid steer and excavator maintenance, weld plow cracks, sand and paint plow, etc etc.
Precisely why my prices were what they were!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.