Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the mirror pic Ajlawn1. That does look like a nice idea putting lights there. But I think it is cheezy of GM not to give me a full size mirror in place of the no lights. The plastic is not helpful.

And while I am on a rant - I hate the fake air scoop on the hood. That might be OK on a toy car for a 7-year old. I'm an adult - I don't get impressed by a fake scoop. And I'm going to have to figure out what to do for interior lights. They seem to have forgot to put them in, and instead put a couple of small map reading lights in, with slim light spectrum. The floor area is almost pitch black.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The reverse lights in the mirror are overrated...
They light up the side of my truck and hinder m view past it, with the switch on they are on in park so if you are working beside the truck you are blinded, they are impressively bright. I rarely use them. Thing that makes me irate is the heated mirrors don't heat the blind spot mirror. What a crock is that....?
@mateck you must have the Econo work truck .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nothing runs like a Deere...
You’re definitely right about that.
Literally anything runs better.

I won’t own Deere if no other reason than they think they still own the rights to your equipment after you buy it. Won’t give you repair info, claiming that you the owner don’t have a right to it. Screw Deere. I’m happy to give my money to anyone else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@mateck you must have the Econo work truck .
Yea, I noticed the half heated mirror. How much did they save on that? And I'll bet it is the same way if you paid 85k for the Denali.

I got the SLE package - one up from the work truck.

BTW, they changed "work truck" to "pro truck" probably for the same reason the post office change "bulk rate" to "presorted first class". Anyway, it is pretty stripped but I didn't want a truck payment. I normally get something 2-3 years old, but in Feb when I ordered it, a 2 year old truck with 25k on it would have cost me $3000 more than new!

·
Registered
58,648 Posts
Thing that makes me irate is the heated mirrors don't heat the blind spot mirror. What a crock is that....?
Engineers...

Not sure when GM started with heated mirrors and I think my '02 Furd was the first pickup I bought with them. They didn't work on the blind spots either. And because they're below, thawed water runs down and freezes on them just like the GM.

RAMs don't have heated blind spots either, but at least I can fold them down on the 2500's and not have ice on the blind spots. Dumbest thing is the timer for the RAM isn't even close to long enough to melt snow during heavy snow. Constantly pushing the button to turn them back on. Udderly asinine.

·
Registered
17,889 Posts
That does look like a nice idea putting lights there. But I think it is cheezy of GM not to give me a full size mirror in place of the no lights.
I hate the fake air scoop on the hood. That might be OK on a toy car for a 7-year old. I'm an adult - I don't get impressed by a fake scoop.
It is to eliminate SKU's...
the ones with lights and without lights all get the same replacement glass
the diesels require the scoop so they get the same hood

3,109 Posts
RAMs don't have heated blind spots either, but at least I can fold them down on the 2500's and not have ice on the blind spots. Dumbest thing is the timer for the RAM isn't even close to long enough to melt snow during heavy snow. Constantly pushing the button to turn them back on. Udderly asinine.
Can't really understand why it's even on a timer at all, as I'm constantly pushing the button to turn them back on as well. Figure it should just be on/off unless there is some safety issue in not aware of. Is the heated steering wheel on a timer? Just have the tradesman trim package on mine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The heated wheel is not on a timer that I know of... Mine has an on/off button. I thought on the mirrors as long as the "rear" defrost button is engaged it keeps the mirrors heated. At least on GM trucks.

·
Registered
58,648 Posts
The original Furds had a thermostat or something, never shut off and never melted anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And I'm going to have to figure out what to do for interior lights. They seem to have forgot to put them in, and instead put a couple of small map reading lights in, with slim light spectrum. The floor area is almost pitch black.
I put 2 rock lights on bottom of OH console and 2 in the foot wells. Bright as hell, many have commented how bright it is. They come on when door is opened, also with button.

·
Registered
58,648 Posts

·
Registered
15,135 Posts
what are you comparing them to? Cause these headlights are far better than the previous generations
I love em... I get brights flashed all the time, only to show everyone here ya go mofo mine weren't on...

Forehead Nose Cheek Smile Eyebrow

21 - 40 of 45 Posts