Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just said goodbye to my old '04 2500HD, and upgraded to a new 2022 2500HD. I'm 6'5" tall, and I feel like I need a booster seat to look over the hood and see anything closer than 15' in front of me! If I pop the hood up to check oil, I almost have to jump up to get the thing back down. I feel short.

Paired with my Boss 8' super, I can just see the plow markers when the plow is down. I'm sure I'll get used to it... but I feel small today!

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate the bed side height... Almost have to use all the foot steps just to grab anything out of it...
Yes, I am glad to have those footsteps - a brilliant idea. I didn't think I'd like the multi-fuction tail gate, but I am starting to see the use in it. I just wonder if it will fail way before a standard tail gate...

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The way they build new trucks...

Sorry for the rant. Just frustrating they don’t build pickups with work in mind anymore, and haven’t for at least 15 years.
I did wonder if the super tall hood/grill was just a testosterone boost. I also don't like my gigantic mirrors that came with the trailer package. The standard view and wide view are too close in size, and I have a hard time focusing on one. Don't know what the black plastic thing is either. Would much rather one piece of glass and maybe a small wide angle circle mirror.
Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’d drive a Dodge. Owned several, but went back to GM. You couldn’t pay me to own a Ford. Only good thing made with a blue oval were their tractors. They did build good tractors, but that’s a totally different company from the automotive side. Especially under 100hp.
I did have very few repairs with my '04 2500HD - but the rust was terrible (Michigan salt). I have heard that GM has significantly improved the metals/paint on the newer vehicles, so I'm hoping for better results with my 2022 replacement.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the mirror pic Ajlawn1. That does look like a nice idea putting lights there. But I think it is cheezy of GM not to give me a full size mirror in place of the no lights. The plastic is not helpful.

And while I am on a rant - I hate the fake air scoop on the hood. That might be OK on a toy car for a 7-year old. I'm an adult - I don't get impressed by a fake scoop. And I'm going to have to figure out what to do for interior lights. They seem to have forgot to put them in, and instead put a couple of small map reading lights in, with slim light spectrum. The floor area is almost pitch black.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@mateck you must have the Econo work truck .
Yea, I noticed the half heated mirror. How much did they save on that? And I'll bet it is the same way if you paid 85k for the Denali.

I got the SLE package - one up from the work truck.

BTW, they changed "work truck" to "pro truck" probably for the same reason the post office change "bulk rate" to "presorted first class". Anyway, it is pretty stripped but I didn't want a truck payment. I normally get something 2-3 years old, but in Feb when I ordered it, a 2 year old truck with 25k on it would have cost me $3000 more than new!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts