Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
The way they build new trucks has been unpractical since just before 2010. They obviously were trying to appeal to the “I need a big truck to boost my ego” crowd. The ones who never actually use a truck, and refuse to put anything in the bed because it might scratch it. It’s painfully obvious they didn’t have actual use in mind when they built these trucks. We have a 2010 Chevrolet 3500 single wheel Duramax. I can’t set anything over the side of the bed unless I drop it in. I have to crawl in to get anything out of it. I can’t see out of it. I can’t imagine trying to plow with it if we used truck plows. I much prefer using any of our other older trucks. Now, if I go on a road trip pulling a trailer, oh yeah, I want the 2010. It’s great on the highway. Comfortable. Lots of power. Good mirrors. But as a work truck it is nothing but unpractical. It’s really too bad because GM makes a good truck. They just designed the body all wrong for working with. I’d rather drive a small Freightliner. You can see better out of them, and if I’m going to have to climb all over the thing to use it, just as well give me a bigger motor and air brakes. I can buy a used FL50 Freightliner cheaper than a pickup anyway.

Sorry for the rant. Just frustrating they don’t build pickups with work in mind anymore, and haven’t for at least 15 years.

· Registered
146 Posts
Nothing runs like a Deere...
You’re definitely right about that.
Literally anything runs better.

I won’t own Deere if no other reason than they think they still own the rights to your equipment after you buy it. Won’t give you repair info, claiming that you the owner don’t have a right to it. Screw Deere. I’m happy to give my money to anyone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts