• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Never been plowing, but want to, where do I start

JML

PlowSite.com Veteran
I have never plowed before. I got the truck 1998 Chevy 2500 4x4 with plow. Where do I start getting info on pricing and on how to plow. thanks <p>joe

Hi Joe -welcome to the place where people make money from weather that most people hate. I could tell you a whole bunch, but the easiest would be for you to review posts here (&quot;Show Posts &gt;&gt; ALL&quot;) and gleen from all the comments. There is also a professional organization, SIMA, that can be joined and apparently has a wealth of information. I plan to join some day soon...<br>Regards, John

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
I think the plowing rate varries from location to location. My best advice would be to get a few drives and maybe a lot. The just start plowing, you will get the hang of it. Thats what my dad did 50 years ago, 50 years ago there was no lawnsite or SIMA.<p>Geoff

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Give me a call<br>860-859-0739<br>I will be happy to chat a little about how to get you started.<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org