1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Need source for relief valve, reducing valves and flat faced couplers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by SMLCAT, Dec 20, 2010.


    SMLCAT Member
    Messages: 85

    On Wednesday I'm going to get a nice 7 ft plow balde for my 252 CAT. I know I'm going to have to replace the hoses and i thought that while I'm doing that I should get a relief valve and a couple of reducing valves in addition to the flat face couplers that I'll need.
    The problem is that I live in the boonies and don't have convenient acccess to that stuff so I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with an online source.

    BTW, what size hose should I use?
  2. jomama45

    jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,190

    Here's the cross-over relief valve that I have used with good results:

    (Sorry, it's the DRV-4HH)

    As for the flow restrictors, they are very simple fittings that should be available at nearly any implement dealer. I've always drilled them slightly larger, to 1/16" orifice. You may be able to find adjustable restrictors online as well, but they're really overkill for what you need.

    The hoses can be 1/4" more than likely, but match whatever is currently coming off of the plow rams, and convert up to 1/2" for the couplers.

    SMLCAT Member
    Messages: 85

    Thanks jo.
    Any source for the flat face couplers?
  4. jomama45

    jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,190

    Sorry, no online source for those either. Every implement/equipment dealer should ave them as well. I'm sure they could ship the to your door in most cases.
  5. bob00

    bob00 Senior Member
    Messages: 143