1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Need part # please.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 70monte, Nov 23, 2012.

  1. 70monte

    70monte Senior Member
    Messages: 468

    working on a 1998 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with the pushbutton transfer case. The Transfer case output seal( I think that is what it's called. Seal at the end of transfer case that driveshaft yoke goes into) is leaking. Dealer wants $57 for this seal and said that this is the wholesale price. I looked on Rockauto's site and cannot tell which seal I need as they show ones that look different from each other with different dimentions. The only AC-Delco seal shown is only $13 and some change. Can anyone help me out with the correct GM or Delco part # so I can find a picture of what I need and to see about getting the correct part. Thanks.

  2. lilweeds

    lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,178

  3. welded wrenches

    welded wrenches Senior Member
    Messages: 177

    rear out put seal //idea

    Here,,,the98 rear out put seal...go any parts store and tell then you need a out put seal for TH400 tranny to fit a 1971Chevy IMPALA that had the 400 CID engine like maybe $8.00
  4. Plowtoy

    Plowtoy Senior Member
    Messages: 929

    Get the GM seal, It should have the sleeve on it that helps to reduce the "bump/clunk" condition GM automatic transfercases had back in the day. Also, while your there, if the transfercase fluid isn't nice and blue, drian and refill it with some fresh autotrac transfercase fluid.