Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 99 dodge ramram 1500 larime. it has a fisher straight bald on it .i have plowed before but never ran into this problem .ik the basics up down left right angles .b.but my problem is whe my plow is on and raised and i turn the head lights on it drops .but the whit it up on the power off for transport . you turn the headlights on the pump whines why is this .i.i tried to contact the guy i bought the truck and plow fron to ask for the year of the plow so i can get a wiring diagram but he aint responding plz help ty

· Registered
60,321 Posts
"Watching" strictly for entertainment purposes.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I'll repent for my funny post by being helpful

The problem is almost certainly one of the molded plug ends. The OP must have a 9 pin 2 plug setup, and the pin for the S1 valve (lower) is adjacent in the plug to the Low beam pin. So he turns the lights on, and the plow drops. He could confirm it by checking with high beams and see if it still does it.

Font Material property Rectangle Number Circle

· Registered
17,157 Posts
I'll repent for my funny post by being helpful

The problem is almost certainly one of the molded plug ends. The OP must have a 9 pin 2 plug setup, and the pin for the S1 valve (lower) is adjacent in the plug to the Low beam pin. So he turns the lights on, and the plow drops. He could confirm it by checking with high beams and see if it still does it.

View attachment 191169
But he also writes, turns on headlights and the pump wines.

· Registered
17,157 Posts
Hmmm, I see that now. I dont know what the difference is between "plow up for transport" and "plow up" is. You could be right though about major damage to the harness then but I don't even know where in the harness the lights could be shorted to the motor solenoid wire
I would have to pull a new harness off the shelf and give it a look.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.