1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

need help with registering in indiana

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dfdsuperduty, Feb 15, 2009.

  1. dfdsuperduty

    dfdsuperduty Senior Member
    Messages: 597

    I bought a truck that has a rebuilt/salvage title from ohio the truck has been bought and sold several times in ohio since its rebuild upon bringing the truck to Indiana they are asking for pictures and a parts list with receipts does anyone have any idea how i can go about obtaining this info
  2. ahoron

    ahoron Senior Member
    from here
    Messages: 422

    You most likely have to contact ohio dept. of motor vehicles unless you know who rebuilt it. Or you could if you know a cop have them sign off on the paperwork after they" inspect" the vehicle.
  3. billet-boy

    billet-boy Member
    Messages: 97

    Rebuilt or salvage if rebuilt you should need nothing
  4. bike5200

    bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky
    Messages: 437

    I drive rebuilds, but deal with Kentucky laws.

    If the truck still has the savage title with the insurance company as the owner you need the receipts and probably statements on work to be taken to the state DMV to issue a new title. When a title is issued on a rebuilt truck, the new title is "Branded". Some where the title will have savage/rebuilt typed on it,and most likely a person as the owner.

    Look at your title and see who owns the truck.

    Some time on these rebuilt vehicle the people at the county DMV do not know how to deal with them. You might want to call a Indiana State Department that deals with these things and have them point you in the right direction. There are some dealers that sell rebuilds in Indiana, you might want to talk to them.