Need help with Ram that has fleet flex, want to add 3 plug too

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by UniqueTouch, Dec 4, 2019.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

I have a 2016 ram with fleet flex installed. I already have the harnesses for 3 plug setup that I never returned before going to fleet flex for my v plow. I have a couple of plows that are setup for 3 plug and I do not want to convert them to 2 plug for the reason of not wanting to change all my other vehicles. My question is : Will the 3 plug plow I have work if i install the solenoid , controller harness and plow power harness with another isolation module OR do i have to unplug the headlight harness from the existing 3 port isolation module that is installed in the truck from the plow installation company who installed the fleet flex? Where they mounted the isolation module it is almost impossible without tearing the truck apart to just unplug the 2 ports and plug in my other set up plugs for the 3 plug plow so I am wondering if my headlights would still come on if I did not unplug the fleet flex module at all and just added another isolation module but only using the 1 port. After reading my question and statement I know it is confusing as hell, even I am having a hard time understanding but maybe one of you will understand what I am trying to say LOLOLOL. Thanks

2. Western1

Western1 PlowSite.com Addict
    from MI.

Adding the other module isn’t necessary and wouldn’t work anyway with out headlight harnesses. Yes you can do what you stated to run the 3 plug plow. I have it on my trucks.

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

tldr; I assume you want to know if you can setup your truck to work with both 3 plug and 2 plug. Yes.

It sounds like you already have the stuff you need - you don't swap the connections at the module but at the 4 pin connector that connects the BC harness to the control harness.

There are a couple of members on here that sell a Y adapter that allows you to connect both at the same time. Message either @unhcp or @JFon101231

edit: since I didn't read the entirety of your post, what @Western1 said too.

Western1 likes this.
  4. Western1

from MI.

To get around unplugging the connection to the 3 port module to run headlights on the 3 plug plow you can make a y adapter so either one will work.

5. Western1

from MI.

Ha right on Caremore!

6. Western1

from MI.

Cwren

7. OP
    OP
    UniqueTouch

I think I may have that adapter going out now to take a picture of it. If i do have it can you guys direct me how to proceed? I installed the solenoid last year but that is the only thing i did. Wasn't sure what I was going to do but I really would like to have 1 or 2 trucks that I know i can depend on so I can always honor my contracts. You guys are great thank you. I will be right back with a picture of what I have

8. OP
    OP
    UniqueTouch

Is this is?

8EC32321-6B56-4B1C-AE77-0C235AA3832E.jpeg

B5C2F059-1FDB-4499-BDCB-1A3A83295C8C.jpeg

9. Western1

from MI.

No. That adapter allows you to run 3 plug with 3 port

cwren2472 likes this.
  10. Western1

from MI.

It connects control harness to the module via that connector

11. Western1

from MI.

The y adapter would be that square 4 pin connector

12. Western1

from MI.

Y adapter allows you to have both 4 pin connectors hooked up to the module at the same time. So 2 females into 1 male I think

13. OP
    OP
    UniqueTouch

okay thank you.I just messaged both members, hoping to hear from one of them or both I really appreciate it.

14. cwren2472

Hey, hey, this is a family forum

Randall Ave, Western1 and UniqueTouch like this.
  15. Western1

from MI.

Ohh boy

16. Western1

from MI.

I thought I had picture but can’t find it

17. OP
    OP
    UniqueTouch

no problem i appreciate you trying. I emailed the gentleman from CT. He was very helpful and also gave me his number and told me to feel free to call him with any questions.

18. cwren2472

Dont call him a "gentleman" - It'll go to his head.

19. OP
    OP
    UniqueTouch

20. Western1

from MI.

Yea. He’s a great guy tho