Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. I bought a new truck. It's a 2016 Silverado 1500 z71 and am having trouble finding a plow mount. When I look on westerns website I find this part number but am hoping you guys can confirm for me that this fits my truck. Here's the number and description 31599 2007 & Later Chevy/GMC All New Silv/Sierra. Also on the quick selector it said trimming of the bottom bumper and grill may be needed. I hope this isn't the case.

· Registered
17,749 Posts

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Unfortunately, if the OP is in search of a plow that can hang off the front end of his vehicle and somehow squeeze through this area here without touching the ground, he is probably going to be disappointed.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

And yet people will invariably blame the plow manufacturers for the fact that cutting has to be done.

· Registered
17,749 Posts
Unfortunately, if the OP is in search of a plow that can hang off the front end of his vehicle and somehow squeeze through this area here without touching the ground, he is probably going to be disappointed.

View attachment 191005
Well I guess if I want a plow the bottom lip will have to be removed from the front bumper. Simple as that.
My Denali HD had a ground effect valance on the front bumper that I removed so I did not have to cut it into 3 pieces. I could most likely put it back on in the summer months, but I prefer the look without it to be honest...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.