Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to using forums. I have a meyer e-60 snow plow and first took the pump off my dodge ram 2500 to try and fix the plow was slowly lowering down when lifted up. Wont stay up .I took off the motor end where the 2 terminals are and then noticed one terminal wire inside the motor cap connects with a small screw but the second terminal had nothing connected but a nother wire inside the motor end has a wire not connected and the covering on the wire is extra long . Should there only be one wire connected or did the other just come off the terminal .Not good with the part names sorry and hope this is not too confusing. Just got this plow when i got the truck and never owned one .Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply .I did some reserch and seen that if its dropping to replace the a valve like you said .So i called kalida and they said to come in and buy a seal kit which i did and they gave me a copy of the exploded view. What i get out of the exploded view is there is part A solenoid and then that must be the A valve beneath it .I took the solenoid off then took out the A valve and inspected the o rings and the filter and didnt see anything that would cause any dysfunction. I did not check the continuity yet .So i guess i just wanted to make sure when it says A valve im looking in the right place .I havent checked it yet till i hook it back up and now im just not sure if on the end cap of the motor where the 2 terminals are that there is supposed to be a wire connected to each terminal because when i took the cap off which maybe i shouldnt have there is a obvious wire that connects to one terminal but there was a second wire that was not connected to anything and just wanted to make sure that the second wire is not supposed to be connected or is it. Thank you very much for your time and if your familiar with those terminals i could use some advice. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.