Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some input on value of plow. We are moving, plow not needed, need to sell. Homeowner use plow only (my driveway only). I know pics help, and I can post pics later, but believe me this plow looks and operates like new. Plow details: 2017 Boss Super Duty Straight Blade 8' Trip Edge RT3 SL3 SH2. I am planning on selling plow side only, not sure how involved taking truck side off would be. Ideas on what is a good asking price to sell (rather quickly, but not crazy low)? Thanks!

· Super Moderator
43,058 Posts
Ideally you sell it to some one with the same truck as you have otherwise they have to buy the truck side / wiring which will be aboot $750.00 plus the cost of the plow.
Just for easy numbers you’re looking at aboot a 30% less than you paid if the buyer has the same truck you have, not including cost for installation.
Just plow side I’d say 50% less, not including cost for installation.

· Banned
13,098 Posts
Need some input on value of plow. We are moving, plow not needed, need to sell. Homeowner use plow only (my driveway only). I know pics help, and I can post pics later, but believe me this plow looks and operates like new. Plow details: 2017 Boss Super Duty Straight Blade 8' Trip Edge RT3 SL3 SH2. I am planning on selling plow side only, not sure how involved taking truck side off would be. Ideas on what is a good asking price to sell (rather quickly, but not crazy low)? Thanks!
It would be to your advantage to have the truck side pulled of and include in the sale. Besides somebody will buy the truck side too. If you don't have the knowledge pay someone $100.00 to remove maybe you will get $350.00.

Pull the push plate off to, this is all money in your pocket even at 30 - 50%. When I was doing snow and ice I had a hard time buying a truck without a plow, hence the incomplete equipment. Good Luck

· Super Moderator
43,058 Posts
What truck? Other than maybe a mid-2000s chebbie, I cant think of any that I think my guys could manage that on even if I motivated them.

How fast can you swap a clutch on a spreader? I think the time to beat was 5 minutes as i recall
Cheebie….. Pfffft…. 97 Ford F-350

Suspend a few and the rest will come around.....Thumbs Up

Only had Electric spreader and a motor swap was a 7.99966666 min task.

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Cheebie….. Pfffft…. 97 Ford F-350

Suspend a few and the rest will come around.....Thumbs Up

Only had Electric spreader and a motor swap was a 7.99966666 min task.
We suspended a guy for 1 day last week (tuesday) for pulling a no show on Monday for the 7th time this year. If you wonder if it stopped him from calling out on the day after the holiday, it didn't. But he DID call at least, so I guess that's something.

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
We suspended a guy for 1 day last week (tuesday) for pulling a no show on Monday for the 7th time this year. If you wonder if it stopped him from calling out on the day after the holiday, it didn't. But he DID call at least, so I guess that's something.
We pay on Monday afternoons, a little incentive for coming in on Monday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.