• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

NASCAR fans...

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
MICHAEL WALTRIP!!!!

What a race!!! #3 wipes out on the LAST LAP!!! Unreal... that crash... 18 cars!!! Man, I'm sweating!

-Tim

Rooster

#3 went to the hospital, no news yet.

Great race, the fans got their moneys worth today.

The ones who watched at home got a better deal Instant Replay!!!!

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
There was a lot of power in the air when Ernie Irvin crashed and we should all drop a prayer for Dale Sr. You don't find me overly serious very often but this is one of those times.
Bruce

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
Tim and all race fans!!!

Bulletin!!!

According to CNN and other sources I am deeply saddened to have to say that Dale Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the wreck at Daytona.

From my self and my company
My thoughts and prayers are with the Earnhardt family and Richard Childress Racing.

May God speed yo to your next race, Dale

Bruce

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
Dale always had a look in his eyes whenever he spoke about his best friend Neil Bonnett and I suspect he had a hole in his heart there too. He's up there right now and will be forever out in the woods bench racing and hunting with his friend. Someone had to go and help Adam (Petty) grow up too.

My apologies I'm more than a little bit emotional right now.

God care for this fallen hero.

Bruce

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Oh no... I didn't even know until just now when I read your posts. That's terrible. He was so close to the finish line...

Dale Sr... we all hope you rest in peace.

-Tim

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 02-18-2001 at 09:02 PM]

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Well... we're all here to help each other out. I don't know how everyone else feels, but if it's anything like I feel, the more we know, the better we'll feel.

I don't consider myself a HUGE race fan, but with Dale's passing, I feel like I've lost someone close to me. I never met him, but I grew up hearing his name and his legend. You think of racing, you think of Dale Earnhardt.

There's a lot of information on http://www.nascar.com for those who want it. I think I've watched the crash video about 20-times... and I just can't believe it. There's just so much irony: 1/2-mile from the checkerd flag, son and Michael Waltrip in front of him, blocking for the two of them, he made it 199 laps before meeting his maker, the prayer before the race. Just too strange...

-Tim

(Sorry it's such a long post)