NAPA Canada Fluid Film insane high prices

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by OnTheFarm, Mar 11, 2019.

1. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

So I went online to see if NAPA was selling the thicker Woolwax yet. They only had the thin Fluid Film. For $378 a pail ! That's over twice what it sells for in the states. Fluid Film absolutely rapes the customers in Canada. Even with the exchange rate at about 30% it should only be about $210 Can$. If they are charging $378 for cheesy Fluid Film how much will they get for Woolwax? $900? Time to order online. Even with the shipping it's over $90 cheaper.

napa fluid film.jpg

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

At least it can be used as a lubricant...

JMHConstruction and boutch like this.
  3. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot Senior Member

We often get fleeced here in Canada. Markups or shipping usually. I'm not surprised.

4. rick W

rick W Senior Member

tsc if you sign up for their email alerts puts the one gal cans on for $55 or so. Best i have found. Yes we get ripped.

5. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

$95.00 a gallon. Do you think they sell much at that price? And how do they get away with ripping us off so badly? It sells in the States for $49.
    convert that to can $ and it's $63.00 can. I'm all for capitalism and companies making a healthy profit. But I hate price gouging and corporate greed.

tsc fluid film ripoff.jpg

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid films Canadian distributor lives in Bobcaygeon, send him your emails of displeasure or just stop buying it, maybe the parent company will take notice.
    www.nlsproducts.ca

SHAWZER likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

I am going to take your advice and stop buying any Fluid Film products in Canada until the price is on par with the States (of course with exchange rate). I hope others do the same and I will post this on every site I can get it on.

8. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite Veteran

Can't you find a friend in Michigan to buy it for you and then you go pick it up? Is that legal?

9. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

I received a measge from someone that does it all the time. He said he just orders it from Kellsport Products and has it shipped to the UPS terminal closest to the border marked "hold for pickup". I just checked ups.com and there is a UPS about 15 miles over the border. He said that UPS does not charge for the service. He picks it up and drives it across himself and has never had an issue.

10. Brndnstffrd

Brndnstffrd Senior Member
    from CT

How close is Grand Rapids to Canada??? :rolleyes:

11. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite Veteran

Aboot 2.5 hours, also known as not far enough...

12. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

Ya it’s around 15.99 a spray scan.

13. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

Called and spoke to the person that said he is the owner. I respectfully inquired why the disparity in price. He was the most arrogant and cocky jerk I have ever spoken with. "The price is the price and it's not coming down. If you can't afford Fluid Film, don't buy it". Click. Hung up on me.

Ok. I won't.

Mr.Markus likes this.
  14. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

It's too bad, it is a good product.
    Getting spoken to that way would stop me from buying it altogether, even through American channels. I can tell you right now though that given the attitude it's not his bread and butter.

15. rick W

rick W Senior Member

As my post said.....you sign up for their email alerts. They do their emails every day...usually this time of year at least once a week they have a gal of fluid film for $55 or so. You order it and local tsc calls you in a day that its there.

16. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

Few weeks ago Tsc has it in store on sale
    Here in Canada for the price of a gallon it’s almost not worth spraying your own car.
    You can go to an undercoating shop and get the car done for 120

17. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

OK, so I tried the new Woolwax undercoating and it blows Fluid Film away. It's thicker, it does not have the horrible smell, and it does not wash off. I tried to wash it with a hose. It stays on ! And a big plus is you don't have to support those aholes at Fluid Film.
    I got an email with a discount code from Woolwax. Call them.
    https://www.woolwaxusa.com/

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film stinks?

Brndnstffrd and Mr.Markus like this.
  19. OP
    OP
    OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

In more ways than one.

Mr.Markus likes this.
  20. Brndnstffrd

Brndnstffrd Senior Member
    from CT

Guess we all now know the smell of Meatchicken is stronger than the smell of Fluid Film.

Mr.Markus and cwren2472 like this.