1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Nailin down your qoutes

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by The Coach, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. The Coach

    The Coach Junior Member
    Messages: 25

    Just wondering what every bodies success rate was for turning quotes into contracts? I have given about 10 quotes this year and nailed 4 of them. The way I see it is " if your getting every one your prolly bidding to low".

    How the rest of ya doing?

  2. Mick

    Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine
    Messages: 5,546

    I think I only lost three. I've given away several. Lost one to a guy who takes accounts only on one particular road. Bids real low because of that. Lost another to a guy who traded plowing for haircuts. Lost the third to a homeowner association resident who bought a plow just for that association. Going to take him about 20 years to make his money back.

    But the "success" rate is due to lack of "competition" more than anything.
  3. landcare pa

    landcare pa Member
    Messages: 98

    we receive genrally 95% of are bids most of are work is repeat business and all other work is people seeing are performance. you are only as good as your service and you provide good service charge what you need to keep good workers,good equipment and values. most business`s want good service so dont cut yourself short,and dont cut corners.
  4. chris k

    chris k Senior Member
    Messages: 204

    I feel that if you get 30-40% of quotes given to people who called you randomly, and 4 other guys at the same time, then you are in decent shape. If you start getting a high % of those quotes then you might want ot make sure you are charging enough. As for quotes given to people that are refered to you by a customer I feel that if you can get 80-90% you are in good shape. You have to figure that the other 10% just didn't realize what it costs to do a great job.
  5. ptllandscapeIL

    ptllandscapeIL Senior Member
    Messages: 495

    I honestly feel this goes out to all the landscapers out there ...plowing quotes are alot easier to nail t hen landscape ccontrACTS i think people dont go looking for plowers due to the fact that if snow comes the want it cleaned unlike grass or regular landscaping maintanence its still there.. they dont have time to play price gaMES