Snow Plowing Forum banner
421 - 440 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
here is my new tractor driver, all he requires is dog food and water. alot cheaper than the bananas I have to feed the rest of my help:laughing:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tree

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
This is Ralph. He is a 3 "leged" Boston Terier. He was hit by a car when he was a puppy so he had to get on of his back legs amputated. He hets around great though. He can keep up with any other dog with out a problem. He is very ruff when he plays so he has to play with bigger dogs. He used to love playing with my aunt and uncle's Irish Wolf Hounds but, they are now dead so he has to play with my aunt and uncle's new dogs, wich is a 1 year old Golden Recheiver and a 5 month old Irish Wolf Hound. Ralph doesn't come plowing though becouse he is small and he likes to stand up and look out the windo so, he flies all through the cab when I'm plowing. He's a good fog though.

(If it was up to me he wouldn't be aloud on the furnature. But my Mom lets him so, I can't say any thing.)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Here's Fuzzy Buddy, these shots are from a late storm we had in April of 09. He was already starting to blow out his coat...he fills 3 shop vacs at the groomer. He's a great sport while plowing and his reward is getting to climb the piles when we're done.

Dog Snow Sled dog Carnivore Dog breed

Head Dog Eye Carnivore Snow

Dog Snow Carnivore Dog breed Sled dog

Dog Snow Dog breed Carnivore Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plowin Buddy

Here's a picture of my 70 pound Golden Doodle, about 2 and a half.

He's yet to come in the truck with me plowing. The last thing he wants to do is work!

(Hope the pics work, first uploads...):confused::confused::dizzy:

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Grass

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Couch

·
Registered
94 Posts
supposedly hypoalergenic and non-shedding.

I have terrible allergies and I have no problems with him. Shocking.

Although he doesnt lose his coat via shedding, he still leaves quite a bit of hair laying around. But hey, he's a dog!

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
JTK324;1263811 said:
This My 1 1/2 year golden he loves the truck
My aunt and uncle have a 1.5 year old Golden Retreiver. He is a great dog. He is very smart and loves people. He also gets along great with my Boston Terier.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a great looking dog you got there Cold Coffee

·
Registered
348 Posts
Heres mine

Heres mine he just kays in the truck, this will be my first year plowing so we shall see, do you guys take them ot every now and again to let them go, and strech the legs or do they just stay in the truck the hole time. Hes a yrld black lab pure bred. hes small and loves to run and stay in shape. Loads of energy but when its time for sleep he lets you know it. :laughing:

Edit: please excuse the mess, Were in the process of moving things around.

Dog Furniture Chair Wood Carnivore

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
grandview;1259116 said:
Who's fooling who/ The dog took the picture of his owner.
That is funny.
Sorry Jay.

qualitycut;1263825 said:
Thats a great pic. I got my first boxer about 4 years ago and I will never own a different breed.
Thanks.
These are my first two Boxers & I will have nothing but Boxers from here on out.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The PuSher MaN;1266062 said:
That is a great looking dog you got there Cold Coffee
Thanks Pusher Man, he's a rescue and had pretty rough start in this world w/ the abuse he sustained and had to train out of him, and took a lot to build his self confidence. Now he's just an amazing companion.

Quick story...Last year my mom was hospitalized for about 6 months, back and forth from hospitals to nursing care facilities...anyway, the care facilities would allow me to bring him in to visit, which was really cool. What I didn't anticipate was all the attention the dog would get from other patients as well as staff members, and I kept getting requests to bring him back.

Anyway, there was one elderly gentleman who asked if he could visit w/ Bo, my dog. I said of course and the nurse wheeled him out for a visit. Bo gave the guy a kiss, and his eyes began to tear up. He smiled, laughed and talked up a storm for over an hour. Before I noticed the entire staff was standing just around the corner peaking and talking about us, as if they couldn't believe what was happening. Later after the visit, the nurse informed me that it was the first time the man had spoken to anyone. Probably about the most humbling experience of my life, and a new respect for what these fine companions are capable of accomplishing.

I've always felt that dogs and other animals have a 6th sense. After the first visit, I would just let Bo lead me to whomever he wanted to visit, and he always knew where to go. He did things for people that I could never do. He knocked down the mental wall barriers that some had built for who knows how long, you could read it in their faces.

If anyone has a dog w/ reasonable manners and is gentle, I strongly recommend giving it a try. It will have an impact on your own life.

421 - 440 of 458 Posts