• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

My New Xxxxxxxxxxxxx Blade

the cat

WELL I GOT MY NEW X BLADE IN BEDFORD HILLS. IT WAS INSTALLED ON MY 2500 HD, ALL I CAN SAY AT THIS TIME IS, IT LOOKS GREAT WITH THE MATCHING LIFT ARM. I JUST WANT TO DRIVE AROUND WITH IT ON. IT WAS A PROFESIONAL INSTALL
AND THE SALES PEOPLE WERE GREAT. TIME WILL TELL WITH THE
PLOW.

66Construction

I just bought 2 X blades an 8' and 9'. The 8' was 3,408.72 and the 9' was 3597.40 They were only about $300 more then the regular steel blade. I got them from central parts warehouse I paid no sales tax and the shipping was about half what I would have paid in NY for sales tax. The only inconvienence is that they come just the blade with a pallet of boxes and you have to assemble everything. It's cutting into my Turkey hunting time but all in all we saved about $4000(I also bought a v box, a pusher and quite a few misc parts) over the dealer here. They also financed it all so I'll have snow revenue coming in before the money even starts going out for the new equipment.
Casey

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
Unless I am missing something, I don't see how you could save yourself $4000 by buying it from CPW than your local dealer. Can you explain how you saved some money by doing this method? What if your plow break and you bring it to your local dealer? The dealer would put you on the bottom of his list which would cause longer turnaround time. Just a thought.

66Construction

The dealers here quoted me at about $300 under what cpw says the list price is on the plows. Yeah it's for a professionaly instaled unit and it's ready to plow but I'm fully capable of doing anything a dealer can. I prefer to know the equipment so when something does break....I know what's what and what it looked like when it was working. I have yet to bring a plow back to the dealer for service. Buying after market parts vs the dealers parts makes a big difference. The shipping vs 8% sales tax on a 15k order was about a 500$ difference. 4000 might have been a high estimate but I just sat down and did the math and it was easily a $3000 savings. I also bought a Buyers V box over the dealers fisher salter.
Casey