Snow Plowing Forum banner

My new Tundra w/ an XBLADE

16K views 80 replies 52 participants last post by  mercer_me 
#1 ·
well here it is.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
looks good, but i too am interested on how it treats you. goodluck!

#9 ·
I will definitely keep everyone posted on how it does. Only time will tell. I will post more pics of it later this week when my salter shows up. I ordered the new buyers TGS06 Tailgate Spreader. I am waaaaay excited to have it ready to go and clear some roads!!

#10 ·
It's amazing how rims and tires can make or break a truck. ( this is just me ) but I'm not a big fan of foreign vehicles or trucks for that matter but yours sure does look good, and the rims and tires are perfect !! :)

If your salter was Grey or black :dizzy: that would would fit the ticket !! :nod:

#15 ·
HOT DAMN! That's a really nice setup! DEAD SEXY!!!

#16 ·
Loni1113;616552 said:
The salter is a black, here is a pic of it.
Your all set :nod:, you should make tons of payup with it.

Best of Luck !!

#18 ·
NIce lookin rig! What kind of work are you going to be doing with it? Definately keep us posted on how she holds up.

#20 ·
I thought you couldnt put that blade on a tundra i thought the truck was recommended to only have a personal plow, or light duty........

#22 ·
It is bigger than recomended. The biggest recomended is the 7'6 HD. I went with the Xblade because I have the lift and all of my contracts are very close to my house. So I won't be doing much driving with the plow between jobs. I will definetely keep everyone posted on how it holds up. I was always a chevy guy before I bought this truck and so far I am liking it better than any other Chev I have ever had.

#25 ·
Loni1113;617220 said:
It is bigger than recomended. The biggest recomended is the 7'6 HD. I went with the Xblade because I have the lift and all of my contracts are very close to my house. So I won't be doing much driving with the plow between jobs. I will definetely keep everyone posted on how it holds up. I was always a chevy guy before I bought this truck and so far I am liking it better than any other Chev I have ever had.
according to ematch on the fisher website that truck is only recommended for a sport duty plow or a homesteader plow.
i would say you are WAY over. lol
i only brought it up because someone i know just bought one too and they refused to put a regular plow on it. (he is quite dissappointed)

But definatley keep us informed. inquiring minds.......

#26 ·
I had heard rumors that the previous style tundra, not sure if it still is the same for this model, but that the frame was built with a crumple zone and that was a hazard for plowing. Basically it implied that if you hit a snowbank, curb, whatever hard enough it would ruin your frame and total your truck I guess.

Other than that, it looks really good. Those tundras are growing on me I'd have to say. Still though sorta seems big for a half-ton, at least I think Tundra's are 1/2 tons. Again, did you do anything to beef up the front to hold the weight? I know you said you don't drive far, but still a bit of precaution never hurt anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.