Snow Plowing Forum banner

My FIRST Plow :D

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  EGLC 
#1 ·
lmk what you guys think, gonna get it installed next week.

See less See more
#3 ·
looks just like what i started with and i got the same truck but a 04. beat the snot outta that plow for two seasons and sold it for what i paid for it and went to my boss v after. good luck you got a good setup there. maybe consider a snow flap tho.

#4 ·
change the fluid and throw a new edge on there and you'll be good to go. The nice thing about the Pro-Plus is, you can put the Western wings on it. The mounting and wiring on the Ultra-mounts is pretty easy; are you doing it?

#5 ·
thanx guys...its a 8' I can post a picture of the sticker, but I will admit it looks small lol

yes I will be installing myself. any tips??

#6 · (Edited)
EGLC;888814 said:
thanx guys...its a 8' I can post a picture of the sticker, but I will admit it looks small lol

yes I will be installing myself. any tips??
Looks real nice...congrats man. You pick a good year to get a plow. Its going to be a snowy winter. Take time with the install.......your going to have to cut some of the plastic below the bumper. Try to get it on 2morrow....lol couple of snow chances coming.

edit: In picture one see the rusted bolts and battery cabel.....you might want to wire brush and paint those.....i did that to mine today. Also power wash her down and fluid film her up. And grease the plugs

#7 ·
i don't think he'll need to cut the bumper. I've seen lots of trucks like his with Ultra-mounts that aren't cut. I think there are actually two different frame kits?

#8 ·
highlander316;888871 said:
i don't think he'll need to cut the bumper. I've seen lots of trucks like his with Ultra-mounts that aren't cut. I think there are actually two different frame kits?
You might be right.......i dont know the spec on his truck....i would look it up on western site

#9 ·
if i have to cut the bumper not a big issue for me.....wont be installed for next week still have to purchase mount and wiring from a member on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.