Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is where it came from.
30-45mim , one way is to far for just one customer. Jmo.

That was from a different thread…not the same job site.
$575 to plow ?
66,000sq ft =2.52 acres
or did I get the sq ft wrong????
Cwren?
That is correct. 575 at a 1 inch trigger. That’s plowing, sidewalks and salting sidewalks/parking lot.

·
Registered
51,679 Posts

·
Registered
51,679 Posts

·
Registered
51,679 Posts

·
Registered
13,773 Posts
Still trying to find that first conversion site I used because all I did is copy, cut and paste what it gave me for an answer.

actually it’s
66000 Square Feet
1.51515152 Acres

Unless there’s a lot of sidewalk or something else we don’t know about your price seems a bit high for a hour and a half worth of work.
Jmo,
how much if you just salted the lot?

how much does your business need to earn an hour to be profitable?

·
Registered
51,679 Posts
Still trying to find that first conversion site I used because all I did is copy, cut and paste what it gave me for an answer.

actually it’s
66000 Square Feet
1.51515152 Acres

Unless there’s a lot of sidewalk or something else we don’t know about your price seems a bit high for a hour and a half worth of work.
Jmo,
how much if you just salted the lot?

how much does your business need to earn an hour to be profitable?
Could explain the bait fish pics we keep getting.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I'm curious on these 1" trigger accounts.
1)what ( how much) do you charge when the forecast is wrong and you wake up at 4am to do site checks when no snow was in the forecast, and there is 3" on the ground already?
You already missed the 1" trigger, and should have plowed 3X's .
So is the first push 3X the price?
2) if it continues to precipitate 1"/ hour. Or in this case even .5"/hour, as it will take 2+/- hours to complete a round. You are staying on site continuously providing service?
A) what if you don't complete the entire round of service of the lot because your tied up with the walks? Or vice versa?
Do you prorate the price?

·
Super Moderator
9,818 Posts
1)what ( how much) do you charge when the forecast is wrong and you wake up at 4am to do site checks when no snow was in the forecast, and there is 3" on the ground already?
2) if it continues to precipitate 1"/ hour. Or in this case even .5"/hour, as it will take 2+/- hours to complete a round. You are staying on site continuously providing service?
A) what if you don't complete the entire round of service of the lot because your tied up with the walks? Or vice versa?
We don’t do per event pricing other than our seasonal accounts are based on “x” number of events. However in our per push accounts we do, we stipulate in our contracts that while 1” or even less (icing events) is our minimum amount of snow, their will occasionally be more than 1” of snow on the property, I think if that’s made clear up front (in writing) it helps eliminate unobtainable expectations. Also, the reason “zero tolerance” shouldn’t be used in this industry.

·
Registered
51,679 Posts
Why does a 1" trigger mean you plow every inch? Why can't it mean plowing starts at 1" instead of 4 or 15?
Why would it be prorated? Why wouldn't he complete it and then start over?

Trigger depth is when we will plow (for the most part). It doesn't mean that we clear it every time there is that amount accumulated.

If one had a 2" trigger on a driveway and there was 2" at midnight and another 2" by 4 AM, why would you plow it twice and bill the customer for 2 plows when he only needs it cleared by 7 AM to leave for work?

We have some with a 1" trigger, and even during long duration events, we leave some parking lots unplowed after the initial plowing to focus on the important areas. One is a 4-5 hour account just for plowing. If it snows an inch per hour and the assumption was plowing every inch I'd have to go from 1 piece of equipment to 5 pieces. That isn't reasonable or expected.

·
Premium Member
14,772 Posts
🍺🥜
From that company's page:

"We will meet with you to discuss your property and set realistic goals for your property ice and snow removal requirements "

So, if my goal is "zero tolerance", then I assume that means that expecting Zero Tolerance from a company that uses the phrase Zero Tolerance 15 times on one page (thank you Ctrl-F) would be unrealistic...?

·
Registered
51,679 Posts
From that company's page:

"We will meet with you to discuss your property and set realistic goals for your property ice and snow removal requirements "

So, if my goal is "zero tolerance", then I assume that means that expecting Zero Tolerance from a company that uses the phrase Zero Tolerance 15 times on one page (thank you Ctrl-F) would be unrealistic...?
Also assuming they don't own any plows. Not sure why they specifically mention brooms.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts