Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
728 Posts
good plow, easy hook up, nice controller. build pretty good depending on how its treated but thats will all plows.
buying it in stainless will keep it looking nice. only thing with powder coat after 1 or 2 season starts to show its use, so spraying rust proofing a few times a year will help.
If you have parking lots might want to look at a wideout or XLS

· Registered
95 Posts
Mvp3 is a great plow I have two 8.5 with wings the biggest advantage to a vplow is the ability to stack higher and further onto the perimeter curb. We do only parking lots and can't see any difference to what a wideout could do compared to a v. Also I can scoop snow from between cars and obstacles and only be 8'6wide. I suggest that you purchase the deflector The cutting edges are expensive and using the optimal shoes or some type of ground contact edge guard similar to th e Winter Equipment Extendor will double your edge life

· Registered
643 Posts
9.5 is the way to go. It will fit threw bank drive threes. I have an 8.5 with wings it doesnt fit. Keep the main hinge greased and the 3 zerks on the back side near the hitch. Best plow I've used. As stated earlier if you're doing alot of commercial lots go for the new xls or wide out. The flared edges throw the snow alot better then the older style.

Parts are easy, fluid changes are cheap, works and scrapes great

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Pros and cons of a western mvp3 9 1/2.....looking to purchase
Well first off make sure your truck front end can handle it.

Bought the MVP3 8.5 in 2013 and haven't looked back.

The only con I have found is the cost of cutting edges, they are more expensive than straight edges, but on a con side it's a write off for taxes so evens out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.