• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Muscle LSE vs. Timbren

RB

I've been pricing these products. the Muscle LSE is about $80 vs the Timbren about $170. These seem to be a similar product that will product similar results.

Who has either product and any opinion or favor for either product?

Thanx.

landscaper3

We just ordered the Muscle brand threw Napa saving over $100 over the other. We run 1Ton trucks with sanders with around 5000lbs of weight with sand. The guy that helps has the same truck with the Muscle ones and loves em.

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I was just going to ask the very same question. I'm having a problem with my truck bouncing down too far after coming off of a curb or a speed bump. Gettin a little worried about breaking my plow mount or snapping the bolts off of the angle rams. I'm thinking these will help. Napa has the Muscle LSE???

-Tim

Finecut

Matthew Urban,

I got the exact same results, when requesting pricing on LSE Muscle supports from NAPA. I called 1-800-879-0540 which is a tech support number (for Monroe - Tenneco) and asked them for a part# for the application I was interested in, they gave me the part# and I called NAPA and they immediately knew what I wanted. I somehow fail to realize why this product hasn't been promoted better...their (Monroe's) marketing leaves something to be desired. But product works great and I can't compare them to Timbrens as I have never owned Timbrens. I get a discount and paid 71.40 for mine, Part# 441 for F-250 Ford.

[Edited by Finecut on 12-14-2000 at 04:30 AM]

Finecut

Thomas,

Best way I can think to describe them... is a heavy rubber spring (about 3" high)with two coils, that fits between the frame and axle. A bracket bolts to the frame and LSE supports bolt to the bracket. I forgot to mention that they are hollow. They help carry heavy loads and prevent spring damage and give your vehichle better handling capabilities loaded, yet don't affect the ride in a negative manner without heavy loads. I think both Timbrens and LSE Supports are giving a lifetime guarantee on their product.

matthew Urban

How would anyone compare a set of air bags to the Lse's and the timbren's?
I haven't decided which way to go yet as i haven't found a local supplier for the monroes.
thanks,
matt

plowking35

2000 Club Member
The timbrens monroes, are much easier to install, and even easier to maintain. You unblot the factory rubber stop, and replace with the load booster. About 1/2 hr per side.
Dino

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Okay... I'm sold.

For the record, Matt Urban, I have Air Lift air bags on the rear of my truck, and they work great. I mounted them forward of the rear axle so they help a lot more with leverage (taking the weight off of the front of the truck.)

-Tim

PlowingUpward

I recently Installed a set of Timbrens on the front of my 2001 f250 and they work great, high quality product, easy install and a better ride quality with and without my 800# plow attached!!! I would be curious to try the Monroe and do a side by side comparison:)

Click this link for a nice writeup on the Timbren SES instillation process. http://mysnowplowreview.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4

Last edited: