Multione or Avant to replace Ventrac for sidewalk snow & ice removal

CK82

Hey All,

I am looking to replace a Ventrac 3400 with another similar sized (preferably enclosed cab) machine.

The Ventrac is a nightmare in my opinion with all the pulleys and belts. Good machine however it seems to go down at least a few times a season. We maintenance well and wash after everytime out.

Our two machines sit nearly all summer. We haven't had the need to invest in summer attachments for them. A loader option, extendable at that on the other hand would be very beneficial to us as Multione and Avant offer.

Anyone have any feedback on Multione or Avant, first hand experience, etc.?

Thank you.

Check out Wiedmann loaders. They look better built, bigger, faster etc. 60k Canadian with a cab, heat etc. 44” wide

OP
C

CK82

Ventrac I'd say are pretty cramped as well. Well at least the 3400 model is. I'm curious if the MultiOne has any bit more room. I will check out Wiedmann loaders.

At this time anyway I am looking for a fairly compact machine, as we don't road from site to site, rather we load the machine into our box truck. Height and length are important factors. I'd imagine with all being said we aren't going to find a spacious cab machine. Space in the cab is important, however that is something we may have to sacrifice.

johnnyusa

not sure what you bought but I had a 3200 ventrac and felt the same as you. I recently purchased 2 full size ventracs wow what a difference the 4500 and 4200 series are the real deal if you havent bought anything I would recommend you give them a look .

OP
C

CK82

@johnnyusa , Old post here, however our Ventrac 3200 continues to fail us on just about every snowfall. It throws a belt on the drive or attachment regularly, pulleys are cheap with no grease zerks, thus seize up at random times, starter has gone out twice, ignition switch as well. We have replaced soooo much on the machine, mainly in regards to it being belt driven. And how compact everything is, again what a nightmare to work on. When the machine is operating however it works great.

I will say though the 4500 series is night and day difference, just not as agile which we need at times. I guess maybe were in need of a SSV or Snowrator, or something along those lines. I will say with the labor force becoming less and less interested in working in the elements the cabbed machines kick ass. Looks like the SSV does have a front windshield type cab offered. If that folded down for safe transport that would be a great option. Wondering if theres any way the machine could shoot some heat out, and I'd definitely attempt to put heated grips on any of those open machines.

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
Hand warmers, windshields and heat shooting out?!? Are you guys from Florida?? Jeezuus!!
Maybe go online to Victoria’s Secret and see if they sell something that will keep you warm. Maybe some new panties?:drinkup:

bluejlandscaper

I have a MultiOne #8.4S. This is my 3rd year using the machine in snow and ice removal. I love that machine. I have a Ventrac adapted V-Plow and a HLA 6' pusher , with pull back option for snow work. For ice control I have a Bob Cat self loading salt spreader in front and a SnowEx Precision Pro #1675 in the rear. I can't say enough about this combo. I use this at the same site with inside storage for everything.
BTW, I use this machine for summer landscaping work, as all my skid steer and Dingo attachments fit the machine. With the extendable boom I can dump over the side of my high sided 6 wheel dump truck, which I can't do with my 40 hp New Holland tractor. I'll admit that if your over 6" tall you may feel a bit cramped, but me at 5"10" have no problem with operating the MultiOne. My one son who is 6'2" about 250 lbs is a bit cramped, but he gets by OK.
Just my insights on this thread.

magnatrac

PlowSite.com Addict
I know it an old thread , but need to change the title of the thread to Vermeer or Avant. I like my multione but don't like that the brand got dumped and dealers auctioned off everything....

Top Forums