Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7'' 6" SD MM2 plow from my 2009 Silverado 2500 HD and need to move it to my new 2018 F-350 Lariat. The parts list from my GM system are:

7169 Mount 2004-2010 GM
29800 Hand Control
290701 3 Port isolation module, updated Jan 2017
294005 HB3/H11
42014 Battery cable assembly - Vehicle Fleetflex updated Jan 2017
28586 Control Harness
Plow SD2/Standard duty 7'6" plow

Can one of you gurus tell me which parts are re-usable and what I will need to purchase? And a source for the parts?

Thanks for the help, Larry

· Registered
1,172 Posts
29800 Hand Control
29070-1 3 Port isolation module, updated Jan 2017
42014 Battery cable assembly - Vehicle Fleetflex updated Jan 2017
28586 Control Harness <- actually 28587

You'll need new mounts, soft-start adapter for your module, and new headlight harness kit
In my opinion, you'd also be better off selling your 7.5 SD and getting an 8ft HD

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jfon, unfortunately a new plow isn't in the books for me right now, this plow is only one year old.

Do you have the part numbers for needed parts to make this changeover? If I can't find parts locally I will need to order and ship to Alaska, I'd like to have my ducks in a row.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

· Registered
14 Posts
Mount for your F350 is part# 77102.
Headlamp harness depends on what type of headlights you have. Quad lights part #73973-1 or 73973 + 69826-1. LED lights part# 29760-2.
I also agree with @JFon101231 - For your size of truck, the 7'6" is wayyy too small of a plow. Besides not covering your wheel tracks, your truck will likely have that thing destroyed in no time at all.

· Super Moderator
43,555 Posts
Mount for your F350 is part# 77102.
Headlamp harness depends on what type of headlights you have. Quad lights part #73973-1 or 73973 + 69826-1. LED lights part# 29760-2.
I also agree with @JFon101231 - For your size of truck, the 7'6" is wayyy too small of a plow. Besides not covering your wheel tracks, your truck will likely have that thing destroyed in no time at all.
For personal use the SD will hold up, in regards to the width a set of Buyer Pro Wings will take care of that if it was an issue.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have mentioned I am not a commercial plow guy, I only use this for my own personal driveway. I'm also 73 years old so not savvy to some issues, like whether or not I have LED lights. I traded up to the F-350 to pull a new 43' toy hauler legally.

I assume the MM2 head gear is universal and will fit the chassis mount 77102.

I just finished shoveling and snow blowing my 5,000+ square foot driveway and parking area, makes me really appreciate a plow!

· Registered
875 Posts
Alaskaman, as was stated by previous people who seem to know more about others uses/needs the 7.5 plow is smaller than the trucks wheeltrack when angled.
I too have a 7.5 on my F350 because thats what works for me and if I go to an 8' when the snow is wet I end up sliding into either mine or my neighbors house and he does not like that.
So use what U have and get new push plates and vehicle specific harnesses.
LED lights have individual dots of light vs the old style halogen or even older sealed beam (which I don't think they put in new vehicles anymore).
Fellow site members please remember not all of us know it all.
Remember When???
Mike

· Registered
17,111 Posts
I should have mentioned I am not a commercial plow guy, I only use this for my own personal driveway. I'm also 73 years old so not savvy to some issues, like whether or not I have LED lights. I traded up to the F-350 to pull a new 43' toy hauler legally.

I assume the MM2 head gear is universal and will fit the chassis mount 77102.

I just finished shoveling and snow blowing my 5,000+ square foot driveway and parking area, makes me really appreciate a plow!
If your only doing your own drive, put on what you have. Post a few pictures of the new ride, these guys will probably know from the pics if you have LEDs.

· Registered
198 Posts
Those look like halogen to me. If the 350 is anything like my 150 it has rectangular lights inside the lense for the led. Even my turn signal lights are led on mine and I see a bulb for your turn signals. A great way to tell is the headlight color when it is on. Hologen is white with hint of yellow and led is a white with hint of blue.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.