1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Ideas

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mainecowboy, Sep 12, 2008.

1. mainecowboy

mainecowboy Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi All,

I have a Whelen control box I need to mount somewhere in my truck, I'd like to put it out of the way where my dog or passengers wont bump it. I'd also like to mount it in a way that combines my Cobra 148gtl CB and another switchbox... So, I'm hoping to find out how all of you have your stuff mounted and would appreciate the opportunity to see pics.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, the truck is an '07 F-250 Supercab SWB, 6.0L diesel, 4x4, auto, etc.,

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

What model Whelen controller is it? Based on what you said about wanting to mount it with your CB and another switchbox, the easiest most effective way would be a console, the cheapest being a standard floor console. However with that being said, if you really want it off the floor and ouf of the way, Havis Shields makes a custom dash console arrangement for your truck. It's $287, but it may be worth it to you.

http://www.havis.com/products/CON_VS_12TMS_UNDRDSH_HC_F250_99_07-21475-84.html

[​IMG]

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

WOW! That is one nice setup there BlueLine!!

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats the stock photo for Havis, thats not Bluelines but that console is freaking sweet! I have been eyeing it for some time now but the price to me is too high. For $287 all you get is the shell, you have to buy the face place seperate and the switch box seperate and even the switches seperate. That console pictured would take about $600 to get it to look like that and that doesnt include the siren or the radio pictured.

Its a cool system but the pricing is designed ofr municipalities, not individuals.

5. mainecowboy

mainecowboy Junior Member
    from Maine

That's a pretty sweet set up, though probably a bit more than I can afford. I especially like how it integrates the upfitter switches and the built in brake controller

My controller box is a Whelen PCCHD-1 for the light bar, and a generic box of similar design to control other lights and stuff.

Thanks for the input so far, keep the ideas coming! :drinkup: