Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..Now im not a total idiot im mechanical and logical but I seem to have a problem here and there with my 2015 Fisher minute mount plow and my plow truck and mounting the damn plow.
First I have a 2012 F-150 for my truck and only do my driveway and fathers... nothing but as obviously its a 150. But everytime I go to mount the plow its a damn bear! now this is my first plow rig and maybe I do something wrong or not the easiest way.

I think its weight issue and front end height that gets me.

I pull up to plow and ride into the rails of the plow...and always seems my truck is a little HIGH compared to the plow and when I push the headgear up im just a little bit off from maybe the pins pop in.

I think this is due to the weight of the plow on the front end when its attached and being taken off compared to the height when I pull back into it to put it on?! Front Does NOT sag alot and no I dont have timbrens or anything like that on the front. I would say I only sag about 1-2" when plow on vs off.

when I set the plow down on a set of cinder blocks and take off I seem to have a bit easier time of it.

Im thinking if I say roll front end up on a 2x12 to raise the front tires a bit....drop plow

and then when I pull up to it next time without the 2x12 on the driveway....I will be more aligned as im sorta counting into fact the "lift" I have from releasing the weight of the plow??

do others have issues or maybe I it would not be an issue if I had a stiffer front springs or something.

Its just fighting with it each time is getting a little bit much now into my 3rd year with it!!!!
appreciate othes input on the fisher minute mount 2 plow set up!!!

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks glad to see im not the only one....I do make sure its a level spot found that out quick!! I will try the part where they push the front cylinder/Triangle down all the way when disconnecting see if that make much of a difference. as that threat suggested.....15 minute mount for sure. there suggestion for getting it off as pins are tight that im sure will help too.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update...wow many of you will say DUH! but it was MUCH easier this past snow fall to put plow on. that little bit was just what I needed to lift the headgear into position...POP went the pins!! NICE...I will do this for sure......all the world with that top triangle going the 2" or so more down to FULLY retracted...NICE

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I gotta follow up...I feel dumb but still got it solved that whats counts.

after taking everyone suggestion..Ensuring that Front lift Triangle lift and cylinder is DOWN all the way...even the extra 2" makes a world of difference.

instead of when I push up head gear I swear and say wish I had just a smidge more....well with that and I got it...last night put plow on in literally under a min!! align up...push in...and get out push up headgear...Snap....smap two pins pop in...hook up electric [email protected]!!!

what a difference........ Just wanted to report back and say thanks for telling me what should be or is a obvious thin...making sure that lift cylinder all the way retraced gives you the amount of left you need in the headgear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.