1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Mounting an older meyer to a 95 dodge 1500

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sachilles, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. sachilles

    sachilles Junior Member
    Messages: 12

    Searched a bit and didn't find a ton of stuff. First I probably need a primer on the correct terms....so please forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot.....I'm only a partial idiot most of the time.

    I just bought what I think is an sts 8.5 plow setup. It was mounted to a gmc/chevy 80's vintage pickup. It has an e-47 motor/pump.

    I also have another meyer plow setup that came with the 95 dodge 1500 that I bought at auction...foolish me thought the plow setup actually belonged with the truck.

    I also have an old meyer 6 ft plow for my jeep cj. It has a belt driven pump.

    My goal is to get one plow setup working on the dodge. So I need to get the lift mechanism mounted to the truck. I also need a frame to mount to the truck where the A-frame of the plow connect to the vehicle.

    I have a grand total of 4 a frames available for my use. Two are wider at about 22-24" apart where it connects to the truck. The other two are only about 17".

    So I need to figure out how to mount this to the truck. I have seen a few "tube" mounts for dodges on ebay.....but am I correct in thinking that is for a newer style plow setup? If that is usable for this style plow that would also work.

    Bottom line I need to connect the plow to the truck using the least expensive option. I don't care if the lift and lights stay attached to the truck full time.

    I can also use a vocabulary lesson, correct me where I goof up.

    moldboard=the blade of the blow...not necessarily the cutting edge...but the big curve piece that actually moves the snow.

    A-frame=moldboard attaches to the A-frame. Moldboard pivots on the a-frame to allow the plow to angle. two rams mount to the A-frame(unless manual angle).

    Light bar and lift is called what? I have a one piece unit that holds the e-47. On my jeep, the lift just has a ram and an underhood pump.
    It gets mounted to the truck somehow. Not sure if that is also the same part that the a-frame gets attached to. The name of that part is?
    on the jeep the lift was mounted separately form where the a-frame attached to the truck.

    If anyone has a 94-97 dodge 1500 that can take pictures of the attachment points to the truck frame that would be very cool.

    Sorry for the newbie questions.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. sachilles

    sachilles Junior Member
    Messages: 12

    Picture is worth a thousand words.
    So this is for a 3/4 ton....but same principle.
    My plow a-frame has a square tube at the end where it hooks to the truck, with hitch pins. on my jeep, the pin goes through two holes on the frame mounted to the jeep(on each side).

    In the picture above it looks like the a frame mounts below the round tube insert holes. It doesn't look the a -frame fit there.(the spot with 3 holes) or do those 3 holes do something completely different and the a-frame mounts elsewhere.