MN WTB Western Ultramount Plow

smore

Am in Minnesota and looking for a western ultramount, ultra mount plow. WORKING CONDITION. (awesome if I could find everything, plow, receivers, wiring, controller) already have the truck mount, but starting with just plow might have to be how it goes.

Keep in mind I do have a budget that is why I am seeking a used plow versus new, so seeking something reasonable priced. I am only plowing my own driveway. Please contact me with what you have.

ultramount, ultra mount, ultramount plow, ultra mount plow snowplow, snow plow, plow, western ultramount, western ultra mount, western snowplow, western plow, western snow plow, MN, Minnesota, Wisconsin.

OP
S

smore

What year and make of truck?
Theres 100 listings on craigslist and marketplace in mn.
03 GMC 2500, I already have found the truck mount, now just need to find the ultramount plow, receivers, maybe some wiring (or get new wiring from place installing). Seems like any ultramount will work is what I have been advised, just need to than get the correct truck side wiring. I do see some listings on CL, but not alot, a few higher priced ones. I am not on FB and don't intend on being on there so I am not able to see or find any on there.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
You could also try posting in the Minnesota snow, or whatever it is thread.
Not really the right place for it, but some of the guys on there only look at that thread.

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
Sell the truck side for 1k, and put it toward your new wiring and install.

I'd go with a V plow over a straight blade.

Take the plow off, Fix the exhaust manifold and sell the truck for 5k.

Another straight blade.

Your options are endless up there.

OP
S

smore

Sell the truck side for 1k, and put it toward your new wiring and install.

I'd go with a V plow over a straight blade.

Take the plow off, Fix the exhaust manifold and sell the truck for 5k.

Another straight blade.

Your options are endless up there.
I really appreciate you posting suggestions you have found. I can search CL and have seen all the plows you have suggested, keep in mind I do have a budget that is why I am seeking a used plow versus new, so seeking something reasonable priced. I am only plowing my own driveway. Not looking to spend more on the plow than I have on the truck. I cannot search or view FB plows so that leaves me with only CL to search but I am sure there are plows on FB I just have no intention of ever being on that site (and many are fleeing the site as it is). But sucks I cannot see ones on there as I am sure that would increase my options. Thanks again for your suggestions, I do appreciate it, those ones were just a bit more than I want to spend to be honest.

OP
S

smore

I am sure there is something out there reasonably priced, will take some luck finding YES for sure, but I hope someone has something and if you do please contact me. I can search CL but cannot search FB as I don't intend on being apart of that site. So if anyone is on FB and sees ultramount plows in MN or Western WI maybe you can help connect the seller and me together.

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
I'll give this 1 more go. V plow. Fleetflex compatible. It's at a much lower price point, however the quality isnt nearly as good. Plus the drive.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
I'll give this 1 more go. V plow. Fleetflex compatible. It's at a much lower price point, however the quality isnt nearly as good. Plus the drive.

Pretty rough around the edges but a $1500 V is hard to complain about.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
I am sure there is something out there reasonably priced, will take some luck finding YES for sure, but I hope someone has something and if you do please contact me. I can search CL but cannot search FB as I don't intend on being apart of that site. So if anyone is on FB and sees ultramount plows in MN or Western WI maybe you can help connect the seller and me together.

Just curious, what would you consider "reasonably priced" for either a plow itself or a complete plow with all vehicle pieces to match your truck?

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty rough around the edges but a $1500 V is hard to complain about.
It appears to be about a 33 hour round trip, which would be good practice for the up coming plowing season.
Or, you can calculate the fuel it would take + a hotel room. Don't worry about time, because as we've all learned on PS, that doesn't count.

OP
S

smore

As always I appreciate any help, but whats with the "I'll give this 1 more go" like I am supposed to take your suggestions or you are offended, life does not work that way, sorry. But I do appreciate your suggestions. Certainly need to find something closer to home than Michigan. And I don't really need a V plow, straight blade will work. Thanks again for your suggestion.

OP
S

smore

Betting you don't wanna know.
I'm thinking it's only got 3 digits before the decimal point tho..
Thanks for the attitude, guess not all of use are millionaires. I am only plowing my driveway not a commercial plow business like many on the site are. Have a bit of curtisy and respect. I certainly thought this was a great site to learn and that, don't need the attitude. If you have suggestions on plows please let me know. And thanks or your comment, I am seeking a realistic reasonable price, and prices are all over the place out there and ultramounts have been around for awhile so if its an older ultramount at a lower price that works and moves snow than perfect.

Fourteen Contracting Inc.

PlowSite.com Addict
Thanks for the attitude, guess not all of use are millionaires. I am only plowing my driveway not a commercial plow business like many on the site are. Have a bit of curtisy and respect. I certainly thought this was a great site to learn and that, don't need the attitude. If you have suggestions on plows please let me know. And thanks or your comment, I am seeking a realistic reasonable price, and prices are all over the place out there and ultramounts have been around for awhile so if its an older ultramount at a lower price that works and moves snow than perfect.
What's your budget?

OP
S

smore

Just curious, what would you consider "reasonably priced" for either a plow itself or a complete plow with all vehicle pieces to match your truck?
Reasonably priced can mean alot as prices, condition, sellers motivation to sell are all over the place out there and ultramounts have been around for awhile so if its an older ultramount at a lower price that works and moves snow than perfect. I don't expect to find a complete setup to match the truck, that would be very lucky finding that, so I expect to get some parts from the installation and all. So probably just seeking the plow and a controller would be nice, maybe even those receivers, but more likely it will just be a plow I find.

dieselss

PlowSite Fanatic
Thanks for the attitude, guess not all of use are millionaires
Never SAID anyone was.
Your whole post screams of cheap.
All you keep saying is every plow costs to much.. so why should we help when all your concerned with is price.
Have a bit of curtisy and respect
Really...pple have gone above and beyond,,,part numbers and all. Described all the differences, and as I said your only worried about price.

OP
S

smore

What's your budget?
Prices are all over the place depending on location, condition, how old an ultamount, type of ultramount as I do not require the contractor grade and not seeking 9', V, wide out, etc. So when I say reasonably priced its sort of a span as again prices are all over, but I am not seeking a newer plow that is expensive as I just do not need that, contractors yes thats a great buy for them, me plowing my driveway not an investment I will make.

Fourteen Contracting Inc.

PlowSite.com Addict
Prices are all over the place depending on location, condition, how old an ultamount, type of ultramount as I do not require the contractor grade and not seeking 9', V, wide out, etc. So when I say reasonably priced its sort of a span as again prices are all over, but I am not seeking a newer plow that is expensive as I just do not need that, contractors yes thats a great buy for them, me plowing my driveway not an investment I will make.
Ok, so what's your budget? If you give us a price range then maybe someone can find one that fits your budget.

Top Forums