Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all.

I'm having an issue with my 2-plug MM2, that I cannot figure out.

For all functions, up, down, left, right; there's a click inside the pump; then nothing.

When I jump the solenoid or put power straight to the pump, the pump runs and pushes the left angle piston.

I'm stumped. It has a brand new harness from the battery to the plow, and a brand new fish stick. All the lights work as they should. Possibly a bad plow control module? Any help would be much appreciated.

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
If jumping the solenoid makes it angle left without a control being operated, then it is probably a bad plow module as you've guessed.

Other possibility would be a badly boogered up harness on the plow side at the valves/solenoid but if you are jumping it at the solenoid, I suspect that would be obvious

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have power to the solenoid at one of the small terminals when trying to work the plow?
Yup, power going in from the battery, and power out to both the pump and the control module.

If jumping the solenoid makes it angle left without a control being operated, then it is probably a bad plow module as you've guessed.

Other possibility would be a badly boogered up harness on the plow side at the valves/solenoid but if you are jumping it at the solenoid, I suspect that would be obvious
Yeah, the harness between the module and valves appears to be in good condition. All of the terminals are clean. I'm not sure if this is normal, but the plow control module was warm to the touch after being plugged in for a while. Possibly a short or something inside?

I'm going to throw a new module on it, see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.