MM2 Attaching help

96_Bear

I'm having an issue of getting DR side pin to align up. The PS will align up with a little bit of head gear wiggle. It almost looks like DR side isn't going in far enough, and I cant force head gear in any further. I took some pic as I'm not certain if plow side is not correct to allow alignment. When PS is locked DR side needs to in another 1/2". The angle of bend on PS is more than DR side. All pin and bolt adjustments are the same on both sides of A-Frame.
trpl5 2.jpg
trpl6 1.jpg
trpl3 1.jpg
trpl4.jpg
trpl1.jpg
trpl2 2.jpg

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

I'm on my phone, which ain't great. But the truck side looks off, kinda bent per say.
I know the passenger side opening is bent more on truck side on what I call the alignment ramp. The back stop opening and depth of both are equal on truck side. Would that cause the DR Side to move forward and not line up?

RepoMan207

PlowSite Fanatic
Ah'yup, I second that, it looks tweaked buttercup. Cut the valance or remove it as well, it's clearly getting in the way. The best piece of advice that I can give when it comes to these situations, is to move the truck and plow to level ground if it isn't already, pull the truck up to the plow leaving 4" or so in between the two, once you get it good & squared up to one another, simply evaluate the alignment from as many angles as you can, you'll see what's out of whack at that point. Patients & perspective....

seville009

PlowSite.com Addict
i soak my Western truck side receivers and plow side horns with WD40 before attaching. Helps alot hooking up, as well as later taking it off, especially with rust present

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

Ah'yup, I second that, it looks tweaked buttercup. Cut the valance or remove it as well, it's clearly getting in the way. The best piece of advice that I can give when it comes to these situations, is to move the truck and plow to level ground if it isn't already, pull the truck up to the plow leaving 4" or so in between the two, once you get it good & squared up to one another, simply evaluate the alignment from as many angles as you can, you'll see what's out of whack at that point. Patients & perspective....
I will get it set up tomorrow leveled and start on the passenger side as the previous plow owner had to replace the whole PS of blade 2 years ago. Work my way around from there to DS . May have to use red and green hose wrench to get some tweaking done

Kvston

View attachment 207346
Your truck side mount is not on level. Looks like the drivers side is 2” higher into the balance than the passenger side. So long as your bumper isn’t tweaked, get out a level and lapse measure and drop the drivers side down or get a new mount. She’s bent!

seville009

PlowSite.com Addict
have you had that plow on this truck before? i assumed you had used it before (ie:last year) when i suggested using wd40, and were just now having problems getting the plow back on.

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

have you had that plow on this truck before? i assumed you had used it before (ie:last year) when i suggested using wd40, and were just now having problems getting the plow back on.
Not on this truck, last year the guy I bought it from ripped the trip edge off the DS. 2 years before that they completely replaced the PS half blade.They went with a 9 foot Myers for the church lot they plowed in July of this year. I repaired the trip edge. I'm use to Myers plows as this is all I've used for last 20+ years. So I'm trying to learn how the Fisher/Western system works as I go.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Not on this truck, last year the guy I bought it from ripped the trip edge off the DS. 2 years before that they completely replaced the PS half blade.They went with a 9 foot Myers for the church lot they plowed in July of this year. I repaired the trip edge. I'm use to Myers plows as this is all I've used for last 20+ years. So I'm trying to learn how the Fisher/Western system works as I go.
Who did the install on the truck?

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

I used the Fisher install manual for my year truck. The guy gave me everything for the plow and truck but the bolts to frame. I had 2 pieces that were still very new looking that I thought were spacers or short bracket. That I couldn't find in the manual or exploded parts view. I will get a pictures with measurement of them. I think they went to the new plow they purchased though.

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

Can see the engagement on PS. DS not touching. Almost level from side to side. Yet when I pull measurement from bumper opening DS is 3/4 inch higher than PS.

20201017_124654.jpg

20201017_124355.jpg
20201017_124426.jpg

Kinport

I’ve got a MM1 that is tweaked a bit. I get it as close as I can and then get out floor jacks and lift one side or other of the mold board to get the angle I need for it to line up. Yours looked quit tweaked, it may be too far out of alignment to force the plow on. Also keep in mind that you’ll wear parts of your plow out excessively if you keep it like that as the load and forces aren’t being equally distributed. If you decide to pull one side off and start again, the fisher website has some awesome installation guides that will give you measurements and dimensions to use as you install to keep everything aligned

OP
96_Bear

96_Bear

I’ve got a MM1 that is tweaked a bit. I get it as close as I can and then get out floor jacks and lift one side or other of the mold board to get the angle I need for it to line up. Yours looked quit tweaked, it may be too far out of alignment to force the plow on. Also keep in mind that you’ll wear parts of your plow out excessively if you keep it like that as the load and forces aren’t being equally distributed. If you decide to pull one side off and start again, the fisher website has some awesome installation guides that will give you measurements and dimensions to use as you install to keep everything aligned
Thank you, even using the book everything matched with their measurements and other holes in the frame. I'm going to start from scratch and see what I find. I can't visibly see anything bent other than PS kicked out to side a little. I tried locking in DS first no go. So I'm thinking problem is on that side.

Motorman 007

I agree with Plowmeister. The DS mount on the plow is bent up. It needs to be flat like the PS is. It’s not much but I’ll bet it’s just enough to keep it from sliding all the way up the ramp and into the mating surface. Also your PS truck mount is definitely tweaked. That’s not helping.