Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a mm1 with SEHP hydraulic system. Here are the problems.
1- Press left angle on control and plow goes right then comes back to the left.
2- press down on control and plow goes down but will not go into float.
3- press up on control, motor runs but plow will not raise normally.
Theses malfunctions only happen about 5-10% of the time but does seem to be getting worse.
Here is what I tried so far. Clean and re-grease connections on plow and truck wire harness, complete hydraulic fluid flush, an older second controller that I have as a spare.
Thanks!

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I know you said you tried a second controller, but going into float is done strictly within the controller, so your controller would have to be bad. Since you said they were intermittent, did you confirm all three issues with both controllers?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first two problems happened with both controllers. The third just started last time I plowed. My spare control is old, so there may be a chance it has the same problem. I can’t remember why that went controller went to the “spare”box. Would there be a way to test controller to find an intermittent problem?
Thanks

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
Would there be a way to test controller to find an intermittent problem?
Not really, unless it's consistent enough that you can replicate the problem if you press it enough times. If it is working correctly when you test it, it'll test as "ok."

I would check the 9 pin control harnesses but it'll be tough to rule anything out for the same reason I mentioned above unless you find an obvious issue by manipulating the molded plugs or the like.

· Registered
6,904 Posts
On the plowside 9 pin try opening up the female pins with a sharp pick. They have a small split in the tip. This would help connection if that’s the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.