Minute mount 2 on backhoe

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by LBZ_Tom, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LBZ_Tom

LBZ_Tom Junior Member

Hi
    New to the site and I was wondering/hoping, has anybody seen someone mount a minute mount 2 fisher plow on a backhoe/skidsteer preferably in the bucket using push plates off a truck or with custom ones? Have an extra plow and a backhoe and would like to try to fab something up.
    Thank you in advance

2. m_ice

m_ice 2000 Club Member

Tons of skid steer conversions out there using a skid plate, could do the same for a JRB or whatever your home is but I've never seen 1 that's skid and loader capable???

3. rick W

rick W Senior Member

Pretty sure you would destroy a truck grade plow in an hour pushing it with a hoe.Cant say that is a good idea...
    Lots of box plows and decent options to make hoe a work horse without spending huge. Just my 2 cents worth.

CAT 245ME, SHAWZER, dieselss and 3 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    LBZ_Tom

LBZ_Tom Junior Member

I should have been more clear, I was looking for mounting ideas for the brackets, I just would like to see the brackets mounted in a bucket. I am only looking to use it on the hoe

m_ice likes this.
  5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite Veteran

what they are explaining is, the weight of the hoe will destroy a pickup plow due to being too light for a heavy machine....the suggestion is that you can pickup a small used pushbox reasonably cheap that will handle the machine you want to put it on,

SHAWZER likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    LBZ_Tom

LBZ_Tom Junior Member

I am not trying to be annoying but I would like to understand more because the way I figured it, I imagined that the bucket will stay at a constant height and the plow will be controlled with the same hydraulics that a truck would use, the only difference is that its being pushed by a backhoe and not a truck. And this setup will be used on roads, not a parking lot.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your charging system on the b.h. might not be up to par to control the plow.

8. OP
    OP
    LBZ_Tom

LBZ_Tom Junior Member

70 amp alternator

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, not enough

10. rick W

rick W Senior Member

Sure, rig up the wiring, bolt the truck plow to the backhoe and go plow a lot of roads. Should work like a champ. Good idea.

LBZ_Tom likes this.
  11. m_ice

m_ice 2000 Club Member

Buy and old state plow and mount it on the hoe

12. OP
    OP
    LBZ_Tom

LBZ_Tom Junior Member

Well I have set it all up and plowed around 30 hours with the set up and it has all of the v plow functions and I wired up the plow lights on a switch as well, after the storm I inspected the cutting edge and it was not excessively worn nor were there any adverse effects. The charging system seemed to handle it with a little struggle only after moving it around excessively. This idea was met with such negativity but worked out great. If anyone would like to know details just reply back or send a message, id be happy to help

13. rick W

rick W Senior Member

They were not negative comments, just common sense. I thin light duty plow for a pick up has dozens of weak spots that will make themselves known to you very shortly. Non of us care what you do, just trying to save you grief as you are on a forum where people try to help others. Blades for backhoes are WAY heavier metal and support...because a hoe has way more mass and hp so... do as you wish and i am sure we all wish you the very best. Have a great season

Jkochensparger, ford550 and leolkfrm like this.
  14. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

24yhzu.jpg

rick W likes this.
  15. Jkochensparger

Jkochensparger Member

I would like to see the mount you made. Can you post a picture?