Mini Strobes in reverse light

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by F-250, Jun 23, 2020.

1. F-250

F-250 Junior Member

I bought the white 1 inch mini strobes to put in the reverse light, the instructions say drill 1 inch hole near the existing back up light, 2016 Super Duty. There is not much room, my friend suggested just take out the stock socket and put the mini in its place; silicone and small screws. Has anyone done this? Seems much easier.

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Um, because then you'd have no reverse lights. Unless you purchased a strobe light that would also work as a reverse light somehow?

3. OP
    OP
    F-250

F-250 Junior Member

They can be wired to act as back up lights too, I think they will work perfectly

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If they are led and are dual acting then yes they will work. I have them in my reverse light for my 03 350.

5. OP
    OP
    F-250

F-250 Junior Member

I was planning to take out the existing socket and bulb and just put in the mini unit.

6. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

One issue to keep in mind is that you are then committed to that light. Should it fail, you'll need to replace it with the same one as you won't have a factory bulb to fall back on so it may be worth it to purchase 1 or more spares.

512high likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    F-250

F-250 Junior Member

Thanks dieselss, your tail lights are the same as mine, I don't think Ford changed them until 2017 or 18.