Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations on a mid size tractor (JD 4066R or similar, approx 65hp) with a Metal Pless or HLA blade. What blades are you running and what is you opinion / production rates on them. I would be using this on a 4 acre apartment, 2 acre commercial plaza, and a couple smaller half or so acre lots.

· Super Moderator
43,555 Posts
I'm looking for recommendations on a mid size tractor (JD 4066R or similar, approx 65hp) with a Metal Pless or HLA blade. What blades are you running and what is you opinion / production rates on them. I would be using this on a 4 acre apartment, 2 acre commercial plaza, and a couple smaller half or so acre lots.
There's several factors that play into deciding the piece of equipment used.
Layout
Longest push length
Type of snow moist or dry
Low or high snowfall area
So how about more information

· Registered
6,367 Posts
With the limited info provided I wouldnt see why a 65HP wouldnt work for that acerage. I think a 6 series would be alot of tractor for a 1/2 acre lot or for that matter an apartment complex of any size.
I wouldnt pick a skid for the simple fact that you stated at least 4 properties on this route and unless they are really close that would be a pain.
I'd go with a 6-11 wing plow or 8' pusher if equipped with loader and a cheap standard 3pt blower just in case you need to blow back piles or have the capabilities to blow parking stalls (if aplicable).

· Registered
1,137 Posts
I'd think too, a 4 acre apartment complex - that ain't nothing like a Lowes parking lot probably, just a bunch of small parking lots more than likely.

I dunno, I'd think if it's truly a cut up apartment complex, I'd want manuverability, depending on the push lengths, 4 or 5 series. Then just thought about how flat is the pavement, is it sloped to center down sorta narrow runs?

You guys with skid steers got way more luck than me - it'd be a demo derby in that lot with my guys running one.

· Registered
7,358 Posts
Here's my worst parking lot. My x720 with broom or blower and 1025r with pusher excel here. For several years I only had to deal with "stupid van" parked at the end of the west run, after pushing west, the piles get pushed north.
This year "stupid Impala" started parking at the other end of the lower garages.
"Stupid van" parks in front of the first door, on the end.
Mirror Sky Automotive side-view mirror Cloud Window

Here shows the north run, to the pile.
Mirror Sky Snow Cloud Building

Here is " stupid Impala" at other end of garages.
Car Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle

Here's the small parking area between the garages.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Here's a few from the far end of the lot.
Plant Automotive tire Sky Building Snow
Snow Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Layout
Longest push length
Until we get these answers everyone is whizzing into the wind.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Layout
Longest push length
Longest Push is about 425ft, there are 2 main sections one is 2 acres the other is 1.5 then some lanes etc.
Snow is a mix - Southern Ontario

· Registered
7,268 Posts
Ok, so what's your opinion on a Deere 5115R or Kubota M5-111 with a 10-16 or 10-17 blade? Loader arms or not?
You won't run a 10-16 on a 5 series... I have a 10-16 live edge on a m110gx or m6-111 equivalent and it's on its knees on a heavy storm... 9-15 at the absolute most... Will sell ya my Kubota in the spring of your interested, Kitchener Ontario

· Registered
6,367 Posts
You won't run a 10-16 on a 5 series... I have a 10-16 live edge on a m110gx or m6-111 equivalent and it's on its knees on a heavy storm... 9-15 at the absolute most... Will sell ya my Kubota in the spring of your interested, Kitchener Ontario
What kind of accounts does that piece of equipment shine at?
How well would it clean up parking stalls at an apartment complex?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity how does your 906H compare with the same size blade? Which is more productive?

· Registered
41 Posts
It's hard to tell without pictures but I'd do those with a skid steer and Kage plow if there isn't much of a drive between accounts. It's a robust and a less costly setup than a tractor setup in my experience. I like my compact Wacker WL37 loader setup as well with increase travel speed and comfort but it comes at a sizable cost over the skid steer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.