MeyerST-78

emcinc

I have an old Meyer ST-78 that went on a 1976 Jeep CJ7. I just bought a 1990 Jeep Cherokee and want to use the plow with it. Meyer said I couldn't but I've heard otherwise. Does anyone out there know what frame changes I have to make to fit it on the Cherokee?:confused:

CT18fireman

Banned
The difference is in the mounting frame. They will tell you that you should get the two-meter plows. Same length but lighter weight. I have used both on my Toyota and my brother's Jeep CJ. The a frames are different and usually have a different spread on the mounting ears. I would suggest that you start by getting the right mounting frame for the Cherokee. This may be some $$$ new, but you may be able to find it used. Then you can have a welder change the plow ears if necessary to fit the frame. You may need to add some load boosters to handle the weight on the front end.

Also do a search on Cherokees. A similiar question was asked not to long ago.

CT18fireman

Banned
Jeep was 1976 he did not state the plow age. ST-78 were made with the e-47s. My brother has one on his 84 CJ-7. CJ frames are basically all the same in the front. The plow and hydraulics are not really the issue IMO. I think the expense will be in finding a new mounting frame.