Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looks like the snow season is almost upon us, I am looking at a Power Box 5-8 Ft Meyers for a Skid Steer-Local Dealer.

My concern is that the Plow doesn't have the capability to go right and left...

Does having the box style plow outweigh the benefits of a straight blade 8ft Plow?

Thanks for the opinions, cant find much on YouTube or past threads, i know its a newer concept in the Plowing World.

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
A push box is a new concept?

Reactions: Mark Oomkes

·
Registered
316 Posts
Game changer lol. No really it might be great depending on your application and use rate. Hopefully someone on here has experience with one and can guide you in the right direction. Best of luck

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
The Meyers Power Box line is only 2 years old, I'm sure other brands might have been sooner.
The pusher has been around for some time. The expandable pusher, not so much

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
Pushers have been in use for YEARS, this is nothing new.
Steel edge is the way to go tho.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
There was a thread about them and the major problems. If I remember correct they bought it back from the person. If you can’t find much information just maybe that’s the first red flag. If you do some more looking there are 5 company’s that I can think of that make the same thing as Meyer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a thread about them and the major problems. If I remember correct they bought it back from the person. If you can't find much information just maybe that's the first red flag. If you do some more looking there are 5 company's that I can think of that make the same thing as Meyer.
Agreed, thats definitely why im reaching out to any one that has some information, local dealer is huge though, plus the yellow looks good. Hopefully someone can give me the break down of the pro's and con's

·
Registered
51,750 Posts
The pusher has been around for some time. The expandable pusher, not so much
Actually, the Kannadians have had an expandable pusher for 10+ years.

Kinda like Western inventing the expandable plow.

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.