Snow Plowing Forum banner

meyer xpress mount issue

605 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  nesty 
#1 ·
hello I have a Meyer Xpress mount with E68 pump. cant lift blade from the ground will go up till it loads the suspension on the truck and stops lifting. also does not move left to right. any help is appreciated. the plow is new to me just got everything wired on the truck and tried to mount it and the mount cylinder would also only lift to the point of loading the weight on the truck then stopped, had to put a jack under the plow to lift the rest of the way to get it mounted. any ideas...

#5 ·
Does it angle? I would guess pump is shot. You could try a new relief valve assembly, pretty these are non adjustable on E68. If relief doesn't fix you will most likely need a new pump. Do you get any fluid flow at the filter ports? Has the plow ever worked for you or have you seen it work? Sure motor is hooked up correctly? Only other thing to check is the strainer inside the reservoir.

#6 ·
sounds like its time to pull off the plow and rebuild and clean! never saw it work, was told it was in working condition if it needs a new pump its not the end of the world. when i tear down any tell tales signs that the pump is gone?

#7 ·
You can pull the pump apart and look at it. Just two gears in there. Odd to have 0 flow, they normally still move fluid, just don't build enough pressure. Motor connected backwards and clogged strainer are the two most common cause of zero fluid flow. Only once have I seen a broken pump shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.