• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Meyer V plow

Black Ice Guru

ok im new here so i did a search before i posted this but i did'ent find anything.what do you guys think about the meyers v plow ? does anyone here own one or heard anything about them? oh yeah and whats the price on them also?

Stephen

i agree with Geoff - total junk. I had a loaner last year when my fisher was on back order free of charge from the dealer. Only had it about a month, and it was brand new. I had lots of pump problems with it and a full trip plow doesn't work for a v-blade. Especially when you catch in the scoop position and the plow trips and the truck keeps going right over top of it.

GREG R

My meyer dealer told me straight-up not to bye one
for a least a couple of years.
He told me they tested these plows by pushing
around sand in 90 degree weather and when they
went to use them in cold weather they have nothing
but problems with seals and pumps.

Caneplow

I have read several posts on this topic and I have dropped them from my consideration due to all the people that have had issues with them.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Well it uses an E 60H pump, so that is no differnt than any other meyer plow out there. But they basically took a 8.5' plow cut it in half, and then welded a hing in the center. The 5 that I saw last winter, were all splitting at the hinge point. As for a trip assembly, it looked like a boss, but not 1/5 as strong. They also used the same boss idea for wing retraction.
The dealer said that all v plows were recalled, and that they wernt making them any more. The only benifit I saw with that plow, was the fact that one could just buy a v plow, and use the existing hydro and frame kit. But after seeing how poorly they were made, I crossed them right off.
Dino

BillNero

Meyer V Plow?

I've been selling and servicing Snow & Ice Control equipment for twenty years and have never seen such a piece of junk as the Meyer V Plow.

Actually told customers I wouldn't sell them one!

THINK SNOW!

Bill Nero