• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Meyer Tm-6.5 plow install issues

TJS

PlowSite.com Addict
You paid for that install ? or was that a buddy who did it. Have you taken it back yet or corresponded with the person who did the work. Anything can be made to work with the proper knowhow, experience, material and equipment. However there is a cost associated with that saying,(anything can be made to work) where most people don't want to pay.

OP
B

Barclay

Holding on what?
I am very busy with leaf clean ups at this time. This project has to wait. I only have 2 small commercial properties so this is not the biggest priority I have right now. Also after talking with another local contractor that does snow, he mentioned the truck mount looks fine but I need to either have another plate mounted or drill a hole so the back hole for the motor mount can be attached to the truck mount tilting it back. He also mentioned I need wings for the plow because it is only a 6.5 foot plow and. When angled does not cover the width of my truck.

OP
B

Barclay

Ok not a for sure fix but spent a little time on it today. Loosened the four bolts. Jacked up the motor frame (not sure the technical name) to tilt it back so it was not leaning forward. Tightened the bolts. Put the plow on and had more clearance (maybe 8 ish inches). I am thinking if I can get the holes to line up (or drill new ones on the truck mount) I may be in business.