Meyer Super V2, Boss DXT or Western MVP3?

stackmaster

Ok, I am seriously pulling my hair out here. New F350 is on its way in Dec and I need to have a plow ready to go on it but Just cant decide which one. Here's my issue...
I Have been using Meyer poly straight blades for the last 22 years. The first one lasted 10 years (7.5 ft poly) and my current plow has been 12 yrs (8 ft poly) Ive had very few issues and very good dealer support. I want to go to a V plow now and was always thinking Western but the dealer here (Calgary AB, Canada) recently closed down one of their two shops and seems like the employees know less than I do about their products. Also, Ive heard the Western quality may have gone down. The V plow aspect is new to me so was hoping for your advice and experiences. Thanks,

OP
stackmaster

stackmaster

Who told you that? The guy at the Meyer dealership or the guy at the BOSS dealership?
I just read it doing research online. Several people mentioned that the cutting edges were wearing down really fast possibly due to less quality recently with western. Also, I heard the company was bought out buy a big corporation? Possibly cutting costs?

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
I just read it doing research online. Several people mentioned that the cutting edges were wearing down really fast possibly due to less quality recently with western. Also, I heard the company was bought out buy a big corporation? Possibly cutting costs?

It was BOSS that was bought out, by Toro. Western has always been owned by Douglas Dynamics.

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
I'd get the boss if you have a dealer nearby. This coming from a fisher/blizzard guy.(subs had /have boss v's and they seem to hold up well. Just my .02. And go 9"2" ,you'll regret it if you go 8"2"

OP
stackmaster

stackmaster

I'd get the boss if you have a dealer nearby. This coming from a fisher/blizzard guy.(subs had /have boss v's and they seem to hold up well. Just my .02. And go 9"2" ,you'll regret it if you go 8"2"
Thanks so much for your input. I Havent dealt with the Boss Dealer yet so will stop in there this week and check it out. Thanks again!

OP
stackmaster

stackmaster

Fisher XV2 stainless, just saying
I did call the Fisher dealer here in Calgary and they said they cant put the xv2 on our truck (2019 F350 Gas with snowplow prep package) because its too heavy. That surprised me as we can put any other plow on and some of them are heavier. Looks like a nice plow though, thanks for you input. I may investigate it further.

Top Forums