• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Meyer Plow Conversion

machine

I want to run a wider plow like 7.5' to 8' on my 93 Bronco. Currently I upgraded the mounts last year to the Meyer pull out model but I still have an old 2 metter on it now. It is to small. I was wondering if I could use the old 2m A-fame, cylinders, and E-47 with a new or used 7.5 to 8' Blade.

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
With a full trip plow, it is easy to upgrade. Go to your local welder, tell him you want a wider blade, and spring mounts to add extra springs. The cost will be cheaper, then a new moldboard.

Geoff

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I believe that they are the same pin mounting pattern, and the e-47 will turn and lift that plow. Stay with the 7.5, the 8' will be to much plow for that truck. The angle cyl should work as well.
Dino
K-I-S-S

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
Or, install a set of the prowings (= or - $200.00) on the 7.5 to get 20" more, or 10" if you just have one on at a time. With the money you saved by not buying a new mold board, buy an E-60 pump & keep the E-47 for a spare while you're at it.