1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Meyer Night saber install question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonw440, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. jonw440

    jonw440 Senior Member
    Messages: 139

    I decided to go with the Meyer Nite Sabers. I can get them from my local dealer for $258.00. OR I can get them from CPW for $199. Plus an adapter.
    I have a 2001 2500. I am confused whether I need an "adapter kit" to install the sabers on my truck. I am doing a transfer but I have NO plow lights at all. (Old ones went with previous truck). One place(CPW) tells me I need an adapter that goes with my headlights (for $32.63) anther says I dont need any adapters as they just plug into my truck wiring harness. My local dealer says he would include all "necessary wire with the new lights". Help..........
  2. tigerx5

    tigerx5 Junior Member
    Messages: 7

    Nite Saber

    You can't put nite sabers on any truck without an adapter. you would think..................ahh maybe you would but Meyer doesn't
  3. penberth

    penberth Member
    Messages: 72

    I just bought a set of the Night Sabers from CPW. The lights come with the wiring to hook up the lights, then you need a headlight style adapter to hook into the truck. What you do is look at your factory headlight. There will be a specific number listed on it. Look this number up under the "Headlight confusion" page in the CPW catalog. This will cross reference your truck's headlight style. In other words, how many lights does the truck have? 2 or 4? etc....But CPW is right, you need the adapter.
  4. SnowLane

    SnowLane Senior Member
    Messages: 127


    It does not mention in your thread the make of your truck. If it is a Dodge you will need a 07106 adapter. If it is a Chevy you will need a 07108 adapter.