Meyer Expandable Power Box Snow Pusher

bluejlandscaper

With the debut of the new Meyer expandable power box plow, this summer, is anyone using one yet? Looks like it might be a great tool, especially being able to safely road a 12' pusher without becoming an over width problem. Recently saw one on a John Deere compact wheel loader, going down a 4 lane highway. I've been watching for this loader working, but have not seen as yet. I called the local Meyer plow dealer. He has not sold one as yet. He is seriously considering bringing one in. I might be interested. Any comments out there?
https://www.meyerproducts.com/snow-plows/box-plow/power-box

ktfbgb

PlowSite Veteran
OP, I use Meyer. Have used them for several years. I just bought a brand new Super V2 a year ago. This will be my last Meyer purchase. Quality control is an issue. The Meyer of today is much beefier and much stronger than the Meyer of yesterday. But, they can build a strong product all they want, if QC is bad, then what's the point. I have seen the new power box, my dealer has a few of them, and they look really impressive. But, and don't quote me on this, but when I casually asked how much they are wanting for one of those they threw out a number like 12k. I would be terrified to spend that much on a first year run, with a company that is known for QC problems. Just my opinion but I would spend that kind of coin on a company that has been in the containment plow biz for a longer time than Meyer. Meyer has a nice long warranty, and speaking from experience, you will use it more than you want to.

JMHConstruction

PlowSite Fanatic
OP, I use Meyer. Have used them for several years. I just bought a brand new Super V2 a year ago. This will be my last Meyer purchase. Quality control is an issue. The Meyer of today is much beefier and much stronger than the Meyer of yesterday. But, they can build a strong product all they want, if QC is bad, then what's the point. I have seen the new power box, my dealer has a few of them, and they look really impressive. But, and don't quote me on this, but when I casually asked how much they are wanting for one of those they threw out a number like 12k. I would be terrified to spend that much on a first year run, with a company that is known for QC problems. Just my opinion but I would spend that kind of coin on a company that has been in the containment plow biz for a longer time than Meyer. Meyer has a nice long warranty, and speaking from experience, you will use it more than you want to.
Yes. I was the only person at my dealer with an issue that wasn't a warranty. I assume because the service was so bad, but that's a different story. They had A LOT of crap in there getting replaced under warranty. I would stay away.

Top Forums