Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Meyer E72 Lot Pro 8 that will not angle left or right.
The plow lifts up and goes down. The pump runs clicking left or right and it appears the rams are trying to work, but something is stopping them. They did work normally for a few seconds today, but the other 4 hours they did not work. I cleaned and wiggled the main harness connector, but it didn't help.

To clarify, I can angle the plow, but it takes about 30 seconds for it to angle fully either way (very slow motion) -- you can barely notice the movement it is so slow, but it does work.

I am a bit confused as the hydraulic diagram shows that none of the coils are energized when angling left. So even if all 3 coils failed, it should still angle left.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always do. I took out the pilot check valve and C valve and cleaned them. Still same thing. Later today, I noticed that the cross over relief wasn't working. I pushed a side of the plow into a concrete barrier a couple of times and it freed up. Now it is working fine....Can you damage the crossover relief, or what happened to cause that? Should I replace anything?

· Registered
8,294 Posts
Absolutely you can damage the crossover relief. Crossover allows the plow to angle when you hit objects. This is to keep from damaging the pump internals and exploding hoses.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is still acting up with the same problem on occasion. A little bump to the left or right side of the plow seems to free it up. When it is acting up, the cross-over relief valve does not seem to work at all -- usually it doesn't take much pressure to get the plow to "give" and angle some.
Do you suggest I change the cross-over relief valve?

· Registered
8,294 Posts
It is still acting up with the same problem on occasion. A little bump to the left or right side of the plow seems to free it up. When it is acting up, the cross-over relief valve does not seem to work at all -- usually it doesn't take much pressure to get the plow to "give" and angle some.
Do you suggest I change the cross-over relief valve?
Have you done anything yet?

· Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested in this. Mine stopped earlier this year, swapped my C valve, worked fine for a plow or 2, 8 hours, then acts like yours. Little bump every now then gets it working. Sucks when you get stuck though and it's not articulating, makes it harder to get out. This one took 2 hours....

Car Snow Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, but it works most of the time. Occasionally I have to bump it to get it to "un-stick". I plan on replacing the cross-over relief valve in the spring. Hopefully that does the trick -- seems that it is sticking and blocking the oil passages?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
REPLACED:
"C" Cartridge Valve 15111
Kit Dual PO Check Valve 15148
"A" Cartridge Valve 15146
Took apart and cleaned most of the unit, put in new oil.

So plowing this winter, everything was fine for a few hours and now the plow won't angle left. Checked that all 3 coils are NOT energized.

Still won't angle left. Although it does work very occasionally for a short period of time.

Removed the hoses on the left/right ram and oil sprays out the opposite ram when click left or right.

I took out the 15152 Kit Check Valve Assembly (part #20 on parts list) beside the 'A' valve. Use a allen wrench to remove. Behind the spring is a plastic valve. I needed a small screw driver to pull it out. Removing it and reinstalling it did the trick. I am going to order a replacement plastic valve and spring. TIme will tell if this was the issue

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, still same problem as of now. Plow would work fine for some period of time, then same issue. Also replaced wiring harness (truck and plow side) as one of the pins at the connector was broken. Still same issue. Fluid is Meyer and new.

For example. Angling left requires no coils to be powered on (I tested this to make sure none were powered on). The plow will not angle LEFT, but if I disconnect the ram hose at the valve body for the left ram, it will angle -- the right ram extends and fluid goes out of the left ram into my catch can.

So the left ram system is not letting the fluid back to the reservoir, but I've replaced all of the valves -- in fact everything that can be replaced on the valve body.

help...

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Well, still same problem as of now. Plow would work fine for some period of time, then same issue. Also replaced wiring harness (truck and plow side) as one of the pins at the connector was broken. Still same issue. Fluid is Meyer and new.

For example. Angling left requires no coils to be powered on (I tested this to make sure none were powered on). The plow will not angle LEFT, but if I disconnect the ram hose at the valve body for the left ram, it will angle -- the right ram extends and fluid goes out of the left ram into my catch can.

So the left ram system is not letting the fluid back to the reservoir, but I've replaced all of the valves -- in fact everything that can be replaced on the valve body.

help...
What part # did you buy when you replaced the crossover relief valve?

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts

help...
If you angle right, does it do the same thing, or is the problem only occurring when going left?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hooking up the plow today this is what happens:
Will not angle left. Plow is fully to right.

I disconnected the 2 left/right hoses and hooked the angle left output to the right ram (passenger side). When I click to angle right it angled left. So the right(passenger) ram is functioning fine.

I took out the cross-over relief valve and it had a couple of white plastic bits inside.

When I had the left hose disconnected from the valve body (the front most connection), when angle left fluid came out of the angle left output -- this is maybe why it is pressurizing rams at same time. NOTE: The right(passenger) hose was connected to the right ram.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
Hooking up the plow today this is what happens:
Will not angle left. Plow is fully to right.

I disconnected the 2 left/right hoses and hooked the angle left output to the right ram (passenger side). When I click to angle right it angled left. So the right(passenger) ram is functioning fine.

I took out the cross-over relief valve and it had a couple of white plastic bits inside.

When I had the left hose disconnected from the valve body (the front most connection), when angle left fluid came out of the angle left output -- this is maybe why it is pressurizing rams at same time. NOTE: The right(passenger) hose was connected to the right ram.
There were white plastic bits inside the valve you replaced?

White plastic would be the packing inside one (or both) cylinders, so you should either rebuild or replace both, otherwise they will continue to deteriorate and contaminate the system.

I would pull the PO check valve back out and inspect that again also

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I pulled out the cross-over valve - the one you can adjust with allen wrench (in between the left/right output). I took it apart and Inside was more white plastic bits that I think were jamming the valve. The plow now angles right. Nothing for left angle. Pump doesn't appear to be under any load angling left whereas angling right at the max does make the motor load.

What about the raise cylinder? Do you think this also might be the cause of the bits of plastic?

Shouldn't there be a filter to catch this crap before it gets into the valve body?

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
I'd pull the check valve also as it might also be contaminated which could block return to the pump

There is a filter but it only stops stuff inside the tank from contaminating the system. A breakdown inside a cylinder can't be blocked.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Here is a you tube video: It did angle right until it hit the stop.

I took out the pilot check valve and disassembled it - no debris inside. Didn't notice any issues. Ran the pump without the valve in to blow out any debris. Didn't help.

Again confirmed no solenoids were on when angle left.

I can only think that the valve body itself has a crack/damage inside.

I have taken off the hoses and ran the pump to flush, done the same with the cross-over relief valve, dual pilot valve.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.