Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Meyer E60 that will not stay raised (slowly leaks straight down) and will not turn right. Every once in awhile while raising it turns left, but rarely. I spent all day today going through the Meyer troubleshooting manuals online but was unable to solve these issues. Any ideas? Orings on valves look good, solenoids have magnetism. B and C valves are old but look good and appear to be working fine, I can see them opening and closing. Should I try a brand new C valve? 8” of snow coming, I can atleast baby it and plow with it angled left but would like this solved ASAP. Thanks in advance

· Registered
6,545 Posts
Is this a plow you've used in the past without issues?

Plow dropping issue is probably the A valve slightly sticking open. Replacing that should solve this issue.

As far as not moving at all, sounds like a bad C coil, but if you have magnetism try swapping out the valve.

Have you noticed your fluid having water in it? I'm worried your PA block may have frozen and cracked and is causing the leak to turn left. I'm not real sure on that though.

@kimber750 may step in. He knows Meyer pretty well.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we’ve had this plow for 20+ years, and I put a brand new A valve in a couple weeks ago because it would not raise, (this was the start of the issues). That solved that issue and everything was great until today. Think a brand new A valve could be bad already? And I have swapped the C valve with another valve I had laying around and still no improvement. I have not noticed any water in the fluid. The not turning part happened today randomly while trying to solve the slowly dropping down, I have no idea what caused it randomly. Thanks for the help so far

· Registered
6,545 Posts
Try running the right side of the plow into a tree or frozen snow pile (GENTLY) while pressing it to the right. See if you can get it to go right. Might be something lodged somewhere.

Gotta do a salt run, but I'll check back tomorrow

· Registered
6,545 Posts
Thanks for all your help! If I disconnect the hydraulic line from the right ram and run it to the right it angles fine, pushing the fluid out.
If you attach your hoses together with the plow in the air can you manually move it back and forth?

Watch your feet under the plow, especially if your plow is slowly dropping

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also replaced the A valve today with a new one and it did not make a change. Plow also started having a mind of its own today, raising and lowering randomly by itself, I’m starting to think control?

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Way too much going on with this one. Going up by itself? What control? Leaking down can be a bunch of things. Bad packing, bad o ring, cracked base to many a few. Lift tube o ring is most common for slow leak down which usually turns into won't go up at all. Need to start by checking for power at coils for desired movement. Then check for magnetism. But the up be itself is a new one on me. Have had motors stuck on from bad solenoid. As for left and right what style quick connects? Look like a pin or a ball inside them?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Started truck, was cleaning snow off and plow just started going up and then would drop halfway then up, had a mind of its own. Ended up plowing today with it the best I could, it ended up not going up anymore. Brought it to the work shop, let it sit for an hour, borrowed a new control from a friend to see if it made a difference. With the new control It goes left and right perfect! However, it went up 3 times and now it won’t go up again! It goes left instead of up, B cool is magnetized when pressing down on control, not magnetized when pressing up. So that’s where I’m at now if it helps. Quick connects are ball not pin.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.